Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #1

Killed my Norcold????

turned the water pump on and heard water spilling, looked outside and it was pouring out the refrigerator vent, the water line that I assume was for the ice maker broke and sprayed water everywhere. I let it dry all day and now the refer won't turn on. push the on button, it come on for a second then turns off. I held it for a few seconds and it stays on. go out the the back of the fridge and /i can hear a relay tripping. its not the sound of the igniter. more like a relay click.

won't stay on in either mode.

did I kill it? I'm at a KOA in St. George right now.
Smaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2019, 07:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaay View Post
turned the water pump on and heard water spilling, looked outside and it was pouring out the refrigerator vent, the water line that I assume was for the ice maker broke and sprayed water everywhere. I let it dry all day and now the refer won't turn on. push the on button, it come on for a second then turns off. I held it for a few seconds and it stays on. go out the the back of the fridge and /i can hear a relay tripping. its not the sound of the igniter. more like a relay click.

won't stay on in either mode.

did I kill it? I'm at a KOA in St. George right now.
I wouldn’t panic yet. Give it more time to dry out. If you can locate a circuit board that was exposed to moisture, try drying that with a hair drier. Disconnect all push connectors and dry them. See if you can isolate the clicking sound. Does the clicking happen on both gas and electric? Does your refer have an AUTO setting? If so have you tried to manually select gas or electric?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #3

Once everything is completely dried out, it can also sometimes be helpful with electric circuits to ensure all power to the device has been removed for a few seconds and then powered back on to allow logic circuits to reset.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:09 PM   #4

If you are going to replace the broken water line which I assume is plastic tubing. Look for a stainless flexible replacement instead of the plastic tubing that will eventually fail again. I have had that happen twice to me already with the plastic tubing. look in the plumbing section at HD or Lowes , mine was 3/8 compression to 3/8 compression 12" long
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:24 PM   #5

Lower circuit board got wet

Probably will work once completely dried out

If NOT...get a new lower circuit board

What MODEL is this Norcold??
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:41 AM   #6

Thanks for all the replies, i let it sit for a bit and tried to turn it on again. It fired right up on gas. I havent tried to switch it to AC yet.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #7

I would unplug 120 ac and kill 12v. I would take of as many of the plastic covers as I could for electronics. Blow out air and rig a house fan to get as dry as I could.Hopefully it would be a nice dry day. The electronic boards on my Dometic are sprayed with a thick protectant but may still mess up if still wet.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:22 PM   #8

Switched to AC the next day, everything is working perfectly now. Thanks for the replies.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #9
Lit

National RV Owners Club
Thanks for your final reply to the fix, many times people will ask for help and never get back with the final solution that worked. This is what makes this site great, people helping others.
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, norcold