Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #1

King Dome Air KD 3200 in -Motion

I'm having a couple of problems and thought I would see if anyone might have some advice.

My King Dome was installed by Camping World. It is a KD 3200 in motion.The installer wired it to the 12 V DC on the House side batteries, from what I understand the unit requires minimum 12 v to function properly. My batteries do not deliver that voltage for very long. They draw down to around 11.8 and maintain that voltage for a reasonable amount of time. i'm wondering if i should try wiring the unit into the engine side that maintains plus 12 Volts all the time?

My other problem is with my surround sound having a humming sound in the background. There is a 20 amp noise suppressor attached to the 5.1 pro AMC amplifier that takes care of the noise when the generator is running, but I don't know what is causing this other hum that happens all the time even when running on the inverter or shore power.

Thank You
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #2

Heartland RV Club
My sat. system has a 12 volt power supply plugged into 120 VAC, it is a factory setup. I also had the same problem with my Pro 5.1 . It has the same noise filter ,I went to radio Shack and bought another one ,problem solved. I moved the filter from behind the radio and put it next to the amp on the input. I think it was picking up noise from the 10 ft line from the radio to the amp.
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #3

Some of the fluorescent fixtures also sometimes cause some noise...For my coach, there isn't one fluorescent light in the thing and the home theater sounds great...I'd go with that filter first, then go after a fluorescent fixture.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #4

Thank You,

I will explore the possibility of the 120 VAC to 12 V, as for the noise suppressor, mine is at the amplifier, what was the model number of the one You purchased from Radio Shack?
Ma bee I should install one at the radio!