Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
TGF

Simple instructions for hooking up a HD 20 Direct TV receiver to my 2006 Dynasty kIngdomw Sat dish? Thanks to anyone and all>TGF
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
TGF

Simple instructions for hooking up a HD 20 Direct TV receiver to my 2006 Dynasty kIngdomw Sat dish? Thanks to anyone and all>TGF
Old 08-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #3

TGF:

Is your Kingdome HD compatible? It is really not much different than hooking up any satellite dish. Is your TV an HD TV? Does your TV have a HDMI connection? If you post all the information in the Electronics section of IRV I am sure that you will get a complete answer. Our Dynasty had that HD20 but I changed it out to a HD21 ( or 22) as the HD 20 makes a lot of heat. I thought it would start on fire.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
TGF

It Is a HD TV, and has a HDMI coming from the back of the TV. Direct TV wants to start up a new separate account, sort of like my regular house account and charge me another $40.00 per month. I thought I could just take this receiver and let them charge me the %5.00 per month charge, like they would for another TV house hook up.Thanks again for any input>TGF
tgfettig#milwpc.com
Old 08-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
TGF

Ingdome id HD compatible<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moisheh:
TGF:

Is your Kingdome HD compatible? It is really not much different than hooking up any satellite dish. Is your TV an HD TV? Does your TV have a HDMI connection? If you post all the information in the Electronics section of IRV I am sure that you will get a complete answer. Our Dynasty had that HD20 but I changed it out to a HD21 ( or 22) as the HD 20 makes a lot of heat. I thought it would start on fire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #6

TGF If u will call me I will talk u through it.To get HD there is more to it.The KING-DOME will work,U have to add a multi switch to switch to sat 110.At this time there are very few HD ch,they are moveing all HD to new KA low band sat. 281 468 5083

2007 Monaco Camelot
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #7

TGF,
Your King Dome is NOT HD compatible with the DirecTV service. All but a very few HD channels have been moved to their new KA band satellites (99 and 103) and the King Dome only has a KU band LNB. These are totally incompatible and not upgradeable. With a software update you should be able to change to Dish Network and get their HD programming. You will need the ability to point to 110, 119 and 129 (or 61.5).
If you don't care about HD in the coach, you would hook up your home receiver just as you did your other DirecTV receiver with the only change being that you will run the HDMI cable from the receiver directly to the TV instead of using a coax connection.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TGF:
It Is a HD TV, and has a HDMI coming from the back of the TV. Direct TV wants to start up a new separate account, sort of like my regular house account and charge me another $40.00 per month. I thought I could just take this receiver and let them charge me the %5.00 per month charge, like they would for another TV house hook up.Thanks again for any input&gt;TGF
tgfettig#milwpc.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you got someone at DirecTVthat is not aware of the DirecTV RV and DNS program. Give them another call and educate them

Hope you told them where they could stuff their $40 per month charge.

Here is a link to DirecTV RV info

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/faqPage.jsp?asse...=191004440#category1

Here is the link for DirecTV DNS

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?...20&_requestid=188887

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sounds like you got someone at DirecTVthat is not aware of the DirecTV RV and DNS program. Give them another call and educate them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, this may have been a correct answer by the DirecTV folks. If you have one receiver setup for Local Network programming and you would like to have another receiver setup to receive the DNS Networks you will be required to pay full price for both receivers. If you can get by with one or the other on both receivers then you only have to pay the $5/month mirror fee.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
TGF

Thanks to all and keep the info infon coming. Direct TV Sayes they have a convertor module to splice beytween adn the receiver that will solve all&gt;Tom
Old 08-04-2008, 03:16 AM   #11

TGF,
The only thing that DirecTV has is what's call a B-Block converter (BBC). "IF" you had an antenna that was capable of receiving the KA band signal then this is what you need to make the receiver work properly.
Since you have a King Dome without a KA band LNB you can never pick up the 99 and 103 KA band satellites where 99.9% of the HD programming is located.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no one can send you anything to change the fact that your King Dome (ALL DOMES) have only a KU band LNB.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is the exact reason I went to the Winegard 3005 Slimline 5 LNB. CW just had it on sale for 200 bucks less than what I paid for it. I admit I'm an HD addict.

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #13

Yep, only MotoSAT and Winegard have an automatic antenna that will pick up the DTV HDTV programming. It's not under a dome, but there's nothing bad about that either.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
We too have the new Winegard TRAV'LER DIRECTV SLIMLINE KU/KA. It's much larger than standard dishes, but I can tell you I'll never go back. The advantage of zero rain fade, larger collector surface for marginal signals are a bonus. The down side for some would be no in motion viewing, but we don't watch while in motion so there was/is no down side to us.

Having HD, topped of with a DVR capable of recording two shows (channels) at once is luxury at it's best.

Winegarde Trav'ler

SK-3005 HD Photo

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote