RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2017, 07:48 PM   #1

Kitchen counter sagging

I have a 2006 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ with 4 slides and the front passengers slide is having an issue where the whole counter is sagging and has as much as a 3/8 inch gap between the counter and the backsplash. This gap varies according to how far the slide has moved in or out. There is a little bit of a scraping noise along the floor when the slide in being extended but I can't see exactly where the drag point is, other than the sound is about midway along the counter. I'm sure the supports holding the counter have loosened over time but I can't see how to get at them. Any ideas?

canuckdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2017, 07:58 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My guess is that the slide itself is sagging. You'll have to find a way to see under the slide and look for a broken or bent roller or support. My slides have an adkustable pad with a nylon pad on top. I had one of the supports break. Got a local fabrication shop to fix the broken part in one day for $45.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:20 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Our has a couple of rollers under the kitchen cabinets that needed adjusting....and reattach the cabinet to the wall.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:48 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I took a look at the floor plan for your coach and it looks identical to our 06 Diplomat 40 PDQ. If the rollers need adjustment, there are four under the slide with the couch and kitchen cabinet. Two are under the couch and two under the cabinet. The roller adjustment screws under the cabinet are accessible if you remove drawers and the louvers from under the sink. The rollers under the couch can be accessed from the compartments below the slide.

We had the lock nut come loose and had to adjust ours then re-tighten the lock nut. It doesn't take very much adjustment.

Best of luck!
RileyCaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #5

Kitchen counter sagging

Thank you for the many suggestions. I don't think the slide itself is out of alignment. It looks very straight and everything is tight and nothing looks worn. I didn't know the counter was mounted on rollers and that is probably what is making the scraping noise when the slide is opened and closed. How do I access the rollers? Do I remove the floor of one or more of the cupboards which are covered in carpeting inside? Each cupboard at floor level appears to have a separate cover.
canuckdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We had to remove the floor of one section of the cabinet to get to the roller. I found some broken glass down there making a scraping noise. Got to part of it ftom the outside, pulled the weatherstrip back and found some there.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:50 PM   #7

My previous coach was a 2006 Camelot 38 PDQ and I had the same problem. What I found was the screws supporting the cabinet to aluminum structure were broken off. These screws are hidden behind some wood trim at the bottom of the cabinet.

If this is your problem, make sure you lift up the cabinet before replacing the screws. Lift from the bottom and not by lifting the counter top. The countertop mounting can come apart and break the countertop. I learned the hard way.