RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Kitchen sink drain

2008 HR 40PDQ, how does the drain from the kitchen sink in the forward curbside slide connect to the grey tank? Is there a slip connection behind the access panel below the pantry area? Seems there must be something special to allow the slide to extend and retract without breaking or stressing the drain pipe.

Chase55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
They do break and all were not plumed the same, i had to repair my sink drane this spring it had a swivel connection.
You can see how your drain is plumed by removing the side and rear under the sinl or you might can see what you want by removing the drawers next to the bath wall.

walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
They do break and all were not plumed the same, i had to repair my sink drane this spring.
You can see how your drain is plumed by removing the side and rear under the sinl or you might can see what you want by removing the drawers next to the bath wall.
So is it a solid pipe? I can see a mount ring on the edge of the slide area seems it would break often if there is no slip connection.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase55 View Post
So is it a solid pipe? I can see a mount ring on the edge of the slide area seems it would break often if there is no slip connection.
mine uses white spa piping. It bends and moves when the slide is activated. There have been reports of the connections where the spa pipe and the black ABS pipe is connected fails. My connection happens to be under the fridge, but your's might be different.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
mine uses white spa piping. It bends and moves when the slide is activated. There have been reports of the connections where the spa pipe and the black ABS pipe is connected fails. My connection happens to be under the fridge, but your's might be different.
That makes more sense, and yes the 08 40PDQ just has kitchen sink drain and electrical in that area. The fridge is on the roadside slide. Either there should be a flexible connection or some kind of dual lip seal, slip joint. POíS have put schedule 40 there and I know it way to stiff and will not suffice.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase55 View Post
That makes more sense, and yes the 08 40PDQ just has kitchen sink drain and electrical in that area. The fridge is on the roadside slide. Either there should be a flexible connection or some kind of dual lip seal, slip joint. POíS have put schedule 40 there and I know it way to stiff and will not suffice.
my fridge is curb side but not in a slide. It's directly aft of the kitchen slide. the plumbing goes through the cabinets and through a movable door that opens/closes as the slide moves in and out. The spa hose is about 5-6' long total so it moves pretty freely with the slide movement.

I can't imagine sch 40 pipe in there. I would think it would break the first time you extend the slide---at least that would be the case with my coach.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:19 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Search "Kitchen sink flexible drain hose replacement". I had to replace my kitchen flexible drain hose and did a step by step tutorial with pictures, in March this year.

Iím on my iPad and donít know how to make a link in this post. But I am open for help if any other iPad users know how to create a link.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:01 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
Search "Kitchen sink flexible drain hose replacement". I had to replace my kitchen flexible drain hose and did a step by step tutorial with pictures, in March this year.

Iím on my iPad and donít know how to make a link in this post. But I am open for help if any other iPad users know how to create a link.
Here you go Harry, I saved a link to your write up just in case we have the same problem.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/kitc...nt-383127.html

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Here you go Harry, I saved a link to your write up just in case we have the same problem.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/kitc...nt-383127.html

Bob
Thank You!

Looks like I have some work to do as it seems the fittings and elbow have been removed. I will learn more this weekend when I open it up for evaluation! Some one did a poor repair that I will undo.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
my fridge is curb side but not in a slide. It's directly aft of the kitchen slide. the plumbing goes through the cabinets and through a movable door that opens/closes as the slide moves in and out. The spa hose is about 5-6' long total so it moves pretty freely with the slide movement.

I can't imagine sch 40 pipe in there. I would think it would break the first time you extend the slide---at least that would be the case with my coach.
It is schedule 40 and it is broken. It will be corrected properly.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:28 AM   #11

Here is my broken pipe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo - Copy.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	219766  
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupdyke View Post
Here is my broken pipe
Interesting! Yours doesn't look like the white Spa-Pipe in mine. In my 03 Dynasty (Chancellor model if that makes a difference) the spa pipe cracked right at the joint where it goes into the 1 1/2" drain fitting. So... the second time... (or was it the third?) when I re-fitted the pipes I installed a "No-Hub" fitting over the joint to reduce the flexing at the joint.. Time will tell if it lasts longer. [Note: I changed over the whole kitchen drain from ABS to PVC hoping it's a little less brittle.]

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Flex broken at PVC Coupling.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	219768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose in PVC Coupling covered with No-Hub.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	219769  

Old 09-22-2018, 06:02 PM   #13

Did the repair today. Thanks for the insight! Not as bad as I thought it could be. This abomination was removed and replaced with the original syle setup.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1888771C-D317-4E2B-A6B3-363BB7462FC3.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	441.0 KB
ID:	220130  
Old 09-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for posting the link, Bob.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote