Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #1

Knight Generator Slide

2011 Monaco Knight. Went to slide generator out and compartment won't slide out.Pull handle all feels good but won't roll out 2011 Monaco Knight 40 PDQ DP PLease help
aihchris107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
The cables are not opening the catch. Go under and pull them to open. I added adjustable cables so I could take out the slack.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
PUSH in on the front area above the pull handle, and pull up on the handle it should open. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #4

Monaco gen slide

I triied the suggestions posted and have had no luck.Prior to the gen slide problem I had lubricated the slide. The slide glided in rather quickly as the motorhome is at a slite incline to the rear. The slide seems to be jammed Would air suspension or leveling the unit help. Thank you Chris S
Old 09-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If the slide is at a "slight" incline to the rear it will be very hard to release and slide forward. I would level the motorhome and then it shouldn't be too hard to release. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #6

Had exactly the same problem on my 2012 Knight and agree with other response of pushing in using body weight and then pulling the handle. This corrected mine and then had release mechanism adjusted but still requires pushing in on the generator slide area before pulling the handle. Hope that helps.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #7

Monaco gen slide

Thank you all for the replies. I have tried all the suggestions with no results.I can see the cables moving when pulling the handle but the releases do not seem to be moving enough. I can not budge the slide when pushing on it Something seems to be holding it back Chris S
Old 09-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe the cables have moved or stretched and they are not pulling the latch release levers far enough. You should be able to operate the latches manually where the cables attach to them. If that fails you should be able to remove the screws from the latchs and get the slide out.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I just went through this on my 07 Endeavor. The passenger side cable wasn't pulling far enough to release the latch on that side. It had been this way since we bought the coach 1 year ago. It would release about half the time. Seemed to depend on how level the coach was.

After looking at how hard the adjusters are to get at I decided a big hammer was in order (well, not all THAT big). I just tapped outward on the upper bracket that routes the cable down to the latch mechanism.

I bent it outward about 3/16" and effectively "shortened" the cable. Works better than new. Took longer to go get the hammer than it did to affect the repair.

If this doesn't make sense and you need pics let me know.
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, slide