Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2018, 05:48 PM   #1

Question LaPalma 2 bath Location of dump valves?

Hi Friends,
I have a 2005 La Palma with two baths. I cannot find the black or grey waste valves for the front bathroom and kitchen sink. I figure there has to be an access panel somewhere.
Any help will be appreciated.
Bruce
Bellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2018, 06:03 PM   #2

Did you find any of the dump valves?

There should be just 1 black and 1 gray waste dump valve to cover everything in the coach.
SmokyPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
I had a 2007 Monaco LaPalma on a workhorse chassis. In the wet bay I had handles for 2 gray tanks and 2 black tanks. The handles were attached to cables which were attached to the valves. The valves were close to the tanks that they emptied.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyPond View Post
Did you find any of the dump valves?

There should be just 1 black and 1 gray waste dump valve to cover everything in the coach.
Thanks for trying to help but there are actually 4 dump handles. I have located and repaired the rear valves which are exposed in the electrical cord basement compartment. The other two however are not found yet.
hanks,
Bruce
Old 06-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #5

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfmorgan View Post
I had a 2007 Monaco LaPalma on a workhorse chassis. In the wet bay I had handles for 2 gray tanks and 2 black tanks. The handles were attached to cables which were attached to the valves. The valves were close to the tanks that they emptied.
Thanks Brad and Bonnie. The rear valves are in the electrical cord compartment and are exposed. I have repaired them. The front valves are hidden somewhere. I believe you are right that must be near the tanks but I have not located them. I assume there must be an access panel somewhere.
Deb and I are going back out today to search but I hate to open up too much if I don't have to.
Following the cable means tearing out insulation foam and would rather not do that either.
Thanks Again,
Bruce and Deb
Old 06-12-2018, 09:25 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellows View Post
Thanks for trying to help but there are actually 4 dump handles. I have located and repaired the rear valves which are exposed in the electrical cord basement compartment. The other two however are not found yet.
hanks,
Bruce
On my 2007 Monaco LaPalma workhorse chassis, the gray tank valve for the kitchen was behind the passenger side dual tires. It required removal of the wheels to work on it. The 2nd bath valve was located near the driver side dual tires. Again not an easy location to work in. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #7

Quote:
On my 2007 Monaco LaPalma workhorse chassis, the gray tank valve for the kitchen was behind the passenger side dual tires. It required removal of the wheels to work on it. The 2nd bath valve was located near the driver side dual tires. Again not an easy location to work in. Good luck.
Thank you very much. There is a panel maybe removeable in the compartment behind the axle.
Thanks for yor help.
I'll let you all know what I find.
Bruce
Old 06-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks Bf, this was the key. The passenger side compartment behind the rear wheels had an access panel (hidden behind our gear). When removed the front grey water valve is there. Also about three feet further toward the other side is the front black tank valve. Right behind that is the wet bay.
Thank you everyone for your help. It is very good to finally find these valves.🙌
Old 06-16-2018, 06:36 AM   #9

Waste Valve Stumbling Block

I just want to post this in case it helps anybody.
As we researched working on the valves all the videos said it was soooo easy.
You just had to use the correct seals and you could rebuild your valves.
You had to know if you had Valterra valves if you had the Bladex version.
We bought the wrong seals which were VERY difficult to install plus they didn't work. Duh!

The reason we bought the wrong seals because on the cable actuated valves there is NO marking on the outside shroud which attaches to the cable. If you take that part off which is not hard to do you will see the actual valve body which in our case identified the valve as Bladex.

It is also quite easy to install this shroud after the valve is in place between the pipes.
I hope others don't have to learn this lesson the hard way like we did.
Bruce
Old 06-26-2018, 03:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellows View Post
Thanks Bf, this was the key. The passenger side compartment behind the rear wheels had an access panel (hidden behind our gear). When removed the front grey water valve is there. Also about three feet further toward the other side is the front black tank valve. Right behind that is the wet bay.
Thank you everyone for your help. It is very good to finally find these valves.🙌
Bellows & BF
We have 02 LaPalma. Can't find access to service grey/black water valves. Can see them behind control panel in wet bay. More detail location access panel you found? Thx
TR6602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR6602 View Post
Bellows & BF
We have 02 LaPalma. Can't find access to service grey/black water valves. Can see them behind control panel in wet bay. More detail location access panel you found? Thx
Hi
We have two sets of valves (4 tanks) but this may help. There is one black and one grey water valve up and behind the wet bay. I could not reach them from the web bay located on the drivers side unless the entire wet bay panel was removed which we did not do. Directly across from the wet bay on the passenger side is the battery compartment which is divided into 2 sections. The section without the batteries has a small access panel made of tin which can be removed out of the way by taking out a few screws. I gained access to the valves from this side (I am skinny). I could only get my body part way in my raising my arms above my head but it worked.
I hope this helps.
Bruce

Tags
cat, valve