Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
I, for one hope they dont close it.
We have stayed there several times on the way home from Utah and love it.
I dont relish the idea of looking for another resort.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Anything's possible, but the condo market in LV is as flat as all the rest of the real estate. Foreign investors, however have been known to make some moves that don't seem wise to us. The Hawaii "buy out" by Japanese investors back in the 70's cost them mega millions when that market tanked. Would be a shame to lose a good park in LV though. We stay there on short trips, but use LVMCR when we're staying monthly.

Joe G.
At TGO FL
Old 02-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #45

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev View Post
There is an unsubstantiated rumor floating around that the other RV park here in Vegas, Oasis RV Park along I-15 and Blue Diamond has been sold to a group of Korean investors. The rumor is the park is going to be closed and redeveloped into condos.............any one else heard about this?
I suspect you’ve been talking to the people at Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort who might be trying to sell you one of their 70 or 80 resale properties or one of their 25 never sold developer lots and using Oasis closing as a selling tool. Four or five years ago they were thinking about a condo or hotel but that’s dead now since the economy tanked.

There are two high rise condos (One Las Vegas) right adjacent to Oasis, close to 400 units and close to 90 percent empty and they’re trying to rent them out like apartments. One recently sold $129,000 (less than half the original price and about what they want for a parking place at LVMCR. lol)

I’m staying at Oasis this year since LVMCR jacked the rents up to $500 per week or $1500 per month. I have I nice space right on the grassy entry way for less the half (I pay 3 months in advance for a discount) what the Motorcoach Resort wants. Saying that Oasis is closing and pointing out their own high rental rates is a sales tool. The thing is Oasis is not closing, at least not for many years, and LVMCR rarely gets people to pay their expensive rental rates except for very short stays. Last time I visited a friend over there it was 80% empty. Oasis is usually 90% full.

LVMCR a nice looking well manicured place but the new owners have gone crazy forcing the onsite realtor to refuse listings less than $109,000 even when the owner wants considerably less. Property owners are not allowed to rent their space out except by going through their office and then receiving only 50% of the rent (usually 50% of zero since their rates are too high).

So if you’re thinking about buying there, don’t. A big percentage of the owners would love to get out from under the almost $400 per month (just increased again) HOA dues. And figure on another $100 or so per month for liability insurance and property taxes. According to the onsite Realtor’s website they’ve only sold 12 lots in the last few years. I know for a fact at least one (probably more) sold for $75,000, but he won’t show that on his website because it would wake people up that those spaces aren’t worth anywhere near $109,000 or $119,000.
foxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #46

While the Las Vegas motorcoach resort is a great concept, we purchased a site there back in the early part of the 00's, it has always been, and continues to be, run by a group of moronic megalomaniacs. What's just as bad is those trying to oust the current people "in control" (and if there's one thing they're not, it's "in control"...of anything...spending, rules, HOA dues, good decision-making) are just as bad, if not worse.

While it's a great place to visit, as an owner, I VERY MUCH wish we'd sold back in '07, when we planned. I convinced my wife it may be a good place to have it in case we wanted to visit.

Yeah...right.

It's to the point, I don't ever care to return to that "resort" if the people who have made it the mess it is are still there. I'm certain this makes some quite happy, which is fine. I have a much happier life far away from the stupidity which is Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort.

FWIW, the monthly cost there is about $800/mo. including taxes, dues, and the assessment levied several months back, if you chose not to pay it up-front. To trust the HOA's board-of-directors with money is like giving a ten-year-old with a sugar addiction $50 at the M&M store on The Strip, and not expecting them to spend it all, IMMEDIATELY. IOW, foolish.

Sure, dues alone are "only" about $369/mo, but honestly, that's absurd. Poor management of this property has been SOP from day 1. I only wish we'd known the secrets before "investing". I'm really glad we spent money there, instead of a blowout weekend on The Strip!

That's sarcasm, in case you didn't get it, or you're part of the "in charge" group at this property.

Also for their, and their lawyers' benefit (and yes, that's possessive is plural), this is only my opinion....

<repetitive eye-rolling>

'99 Bounder Diesel 39Z, 120K miles, 49 states, 10 provinces, enjoyed every mile!
Kelly B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #47

Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort Update (to whom it may concern):

There is apparently a war going on there right now between the Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort Association and it's President and the individual site owners. I had planned to buy there but it's a total mess. Four or five lawsuits going on, threats of violence, and all owners have been assessed nearly $8,000 per site owned plus their monthly association dues have now gone up to $370 per month.

They're having financial problems because of overspending, lawsuits, and poor rental income (due to overpricing) and they don't seem to be keeping it up like they used to. Fountains in the pool area are empty, turned off, and not maintained. To try to get some more cash flow they've raised rental rates to the ridiculous so it's always very empty. At least you don't have to worry about a having a reservation.

Here's the current rates from their website as of today. (don’t know if these will align correctly but you can figure it out)

Daily Weekly Monthly
Standard site $69 $414 $1416 plus elec
Standard site with Build-out $89 $534 $1896
Premium site with Build-out $99 $594 $2136
-Plus Tax-

$1,586 to $2,392 with the 12% Tax (plus electricity) to stay one month? Ouch!

It's a nice RV park but sorry. At the moment I'm staying on a nice large site across the freeway at The Oasis RV Resort for $750 for a month and some sites start at $525 per month. No, it's not quite as well manicured as LVMR but a lot of that greenery is bought and paid for by the individual site owners, not the association. Before anybody should even consider buying there they should read up at this website:

mylasvegasrvresort

FYI
Jack_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #48

Jack W. before you post a lot of things that you know nothing about, you should check your facts. The Las Vegas motor coach resort HOA voted to purchased Monaco's remaining assets out of bankruptsy court. One of the owners here, a former Monaco manager, organized a number of owners to finance the purchase. The problems started when that owner was turned down for the position of manager. He started a campaign of terror against every board President that did include a number or lawsuits. The home owners did have to pay some enormous legal fees because of this owner and a few others who supported him who didn't want to pay for what the HOA had agreed to purchase. That's not unlike many in this country who want to make purchases but don't want to pay for them!

Most of the people who were involved in the legal action and hate campaign against every HOA president have moved out of the resort or have lost interest. There is a small group of owners who now pay no HOA dues or the assessment for the purchase of the monaco assets. They have once again filed yet another lawsuit. However, they have yet to win in arbitration or lawsuit. They were fined $30,000 by the court for harassing the association. There is no way to predict the outcome of any court action but given the fact that they have yet to win any argument speaks volumes. The majority of HOA members have vote consistently to make the purchase and pay back their neighbors who loaned the money for the purchase. Most of that assessment will be repaid to owners as the 24 unsold lots are sold. In addition the HOA now owns the rental pool which produces an income. As that business grows that will supplement the money needed to keep our resort one of the finest in the nation.

When Monaco built this resort they took a lot of short cuts. One was the ponds that were never properly permitted. The county required that we drain the ponds. Due to the amount of money we had to spend on legal issues from this small group we didn't have the funds until now to fill them in. That problem should be resolved soon.

If you are looking for an RV resort where you can't put your awning out without hitting your neighbor this is not the place you want to be. There are 407 sites in the resort but only about 100 of them are in the rental pool. Most of the owners are transient and like most people who live in a house on wheels come and go. So this resort will never be over crowded. We have so many beautiful trees and shrubs. I can't even see my neighbor next door to me. We like that, but I guess if you like crowds this is not your place. Most of the lots in this resort have features that you'll not find at any RV park. My lots have bars, sinks, hot water, dishwasher, fire place, barbeque, and entertainment centers. During the winter season we have parties at least once a month that include an open bar, dinner, and a live band. There is no cost for these parties for owners or guests. What other resort can you name that does that?

The bottom line is the legal war with a few owners who didn't want to pay their bills is over. It's like all things some are happy staying at Motel 6 some prefer the Hyatt. It's a simple choice. You get what you pay for.

Michael

Lot's 18, 63, 64
LVM Resort Luxury Motor Coach Resort
vegascouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So, Michael "VegasCouple"

If I want to spend a weekend next month at the LVMR will I need a reservation or can I just drive up to the gate?

Also can I keep my car dolly with my MH or do I have to park it in some remote lot?

And since I am not spreading falsehoosds for you to combat, can we be friends and you can let me use one of your three sites for free that weekend I will be in Las Vegas?

The web site really looks great and I want to see the resort with my own eyes now!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
One can find a HOUSE with a garage and a long drive way for your RV for about what a "lot" at the resort costs in Vegas. That is what my friend did. He doesn't have any HOA dues or someone to tell him what he can do or not do based on that individuals opinion. Vegas is one of the last places I would want to take a MH with hotel rates so CHEAP. Other MHers might disagree.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #51

Hi Ted,

The rental pool business was purchased by the home owners from Monaco. Even though I have three lots I don't rent them outside the pool. Since my neighbors and I own the rental business I feel it's stealing from them if I did. So yes make your reservations through the office there are number of different options as many of the lots are unique. Car dollies and trailer have to be in the storage area.

LVM Resort is beautiful and peaceful. It's nothing like staying on the strip, but there again it's about choices. It's truly unlike any RV resort I've ever been to. Personally if I wanted to live in a house I'd do it. What I like about this RV lifestyle is the social part of it. We love knowing and socializing with our neighbors.

If you are here on Saturday we are roasting a whole pig, open bar, and band. Open to owners and guests at no charge. If you do come in I'm on lot 18 for the next 10 days and most of the winter, come on by and say hello.

Michael
Old 10-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LOL I was pulling your leg Michael about your lots because I could tell from your posts that you supported the HOA on the rental pool issue, but I ask to use it for FREE as your friend, not rent it...

I printed out info on LVMCR and Oasis and gave to the DW to study and see what she would like to do. I am taking part in a Poker Tournament at the Orleans on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I just might stop in to say hello one day even if I do not stay there.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #53

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperphil View Post
Bill,
The Annual Maint fees are $3,696.00 per year. $308 per Month. It may be raised in the future but its never been higher. That includes Water, WiFi, Lawn Maint, Security, Pool, Gym and a great location.
Phil
WOW.. I have two "national" RV park memberships, these let me park at any of over 100 parks, in over 40 states, plus a few places not in the US, and I don't pay 100/month in annual dues COMBINED. I can spend 2 weeks in a park, then I have to move out for a week, but I can spend that week (plus one other) in the other park, before I have to move out.

If I'm in a state with only one membership park chain in it, then the week out runs me less than 100 bucks as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #54

“Jack W. before you post a lot of things that you know nothing about, you should check your facts.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael. I appreciate hearing your point of view. I assume (owning 3 sites) that you are on the board and/or support the current president. I have stayed at the resort 4 times over the past couple of years. I got most of my information from talking to owners. People driving their golf carts, walking their dogs, or just sitting in front of their coach. The people I talked with were nice, friendly and didn’t seem to be the nasty, deadbeat types that you describe. They did tend to agree on one thing. They do like the resort but have unkind words for the current association president. Some regret their investment.

“The Las Vegas motor coach resort HOA voted to purchased Monaco's remaining assets out of bankruptsy court.”
If they voted to buy the 24 sites and be assessed $7,700 then they should have no reason to be mad. The people I’ve talked with told me this was done without their consent.

“Most of that assessment will be repaid to owners as the 24 unsold lots are sold.”
It’s my understanding that the 24 sites were purchased in June 2009, almost 2 ½ years ago and not a single one has yet been sold. They should bring the price down, take the loss, and get them sold.

“When Monaco built this resort they took a lot of short cuts. One was the ponds were never properly permitted. The county required that we drain the ponds. Due to the amount of money we had to spend on legal issues from this small group we didn't have the funds until now to fill them in. That problem should be resolved soon.”
I was under the impression that Outdoor Resorts of America (not Monaco) built the resort. Outdoor Resorts is not known for taking a lot of short cuts. The first time I stayed there, about two years ago I asked about the fountains and was told pretty much what you just said, ‘resolved soon’. I’ve also ‘heard’ they’re planning to take out all the beautiful grass and replace it with ugly ‘desert landscaping’ to save money on the water bill. Is this true?

“It's like all things some are happy staying at Motel 6 some prefer the Hyatt. It's a simple choice. You get what you pay for.”
You don’t have to tell me it’s nice RV resort. That’s why I often stay there and why I wanted to purchase my own site. That’s when I started learning about these problems. I know there’s a group of people very angry at the things that have happened and are happening. I know that there are people like you that support the association president and the board. I don’t know who is right. I don’t have a dog in the fight. Regardless it doesn’t make for a happy community. So I’m not going to buy at this time. Maybe someday. My only point in posting was to suggest that if someone is going to invest $70,000 to $300,000 at the resort they should know that there have been quite a few problems.
Jack_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #55

Hi Ted,

Yes please come over and look around. This is truly one of the finest resorts in the country.

Hi Jack,

I'm really don't see any point in discussing all the details of our resort on a public board. I'm not on the board nor have I ever been on the board. This isn't just about the current board president or current board. This same small group has brutally attacked every board president and board. The problem with being part of and HOA is that majority rules and sometimes you may not agree with the majority. I think all HOA's have some of this going on especially now that the economy has made things tight.

The real bottom line is that with our current board and President we have solved or are solving all of our problems. Yes there is still a problem with maybe a half dozen lots that has to be sorted out legally. It's going to take time to work through it all. In the mean time the resort is peaceful. What's really happened is that the problems of the past couple of years have made it so that the majority of owners are much closer than they were in the past. We've really become a community of friends. If you really want to know what is going on at the resort before you purchase then spend some time talking to some of the owners in the resort. This is truly a one of a kind property. I'm very happy with my investment here.

Michael
Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
If you live in a HOA property in Nevada, you must wear a helmet, flak jacket and have thick skin.

I'm not saying it compares to Stalins' gulags, but generally speaking, they are relatively the same blueprint. No I don't, but do follow the news. We even have a "HOA Hall of Shame" in the media.

Don't let that stop you from visiting this unique city.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote