Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #1

Lazy Days Tucson And New HR units

We are at Lazy Days in Tucson. The CG is very full. Maybe 90%. Nice to see this place all cleaned up. The staff is so friendly I almost thought they were drugged! We were in Q and Yuma where the staff are all grumpy!! I had some time today and wandered over to look at the new MH's. Not much to see. 3 Endevours, a few Trips, 4 or 5 American and Revolutions, some gas models, a few entry level HR's and some Berkshires. I guess the class A's are still not selling. Not one salesman came out to see what I was doing. I had a good chance to pick apart the new HR units. The fit and finish is good and I really liked the new dash. Very ergonomic. They finally moved the Emergency/Park brake to the dash! I have never been a big fan of the bath and a half but with a full wall slide I liked it. I did notice those gorgeous HUGE 6 volt batteries. About 18 inches high! Looking inside at some of the wiring I don't think Navistar has applied automotive principles to the MH's yet. I love those 2 piece front shades. MCD?? I wonder if they can be retrofitted to my unit? If Lazydays does not have more units than what I saw then the whole industry is in trouble! I looked at what HR and others were using for a door retainer. Berkshire and one other make used the same system. Similar to the Monaco junk but better. Heavier steel and it locks open with a different system. Hard to explain. I think Tiffin uses the same one. I really think it could be modified to fit our Monacos. The Revolutions have no arm on top. Just a small automotive type hinge that is supposed to keep the door open. It was windy and the hinges were flexing. A good wind storm would pin that door 90 degrees. Maybe we should not complain! The trip uses a gas cylinder on top and it looks like heck! Industrial and cheap looking.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Cummings reported big profits for their last quarter. So someone is buying their engines. deSanford It was very nice meeting you and your lovely wife at Quartzsite. I believe you were looking at MCD shades.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #3

deSanford: That would be Cummins. Of course they are selling engines. The Class 7 and 8 trucks are selling as fast as they can be produced. But that has nothing to do with RV's. How was your Hamfest?
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #4

Cummins selling as fast as they can still down 37 percent from 08. Cat is not producing real truck motors any more, it has a lot to do with RV diesel motors, the better Cummins does with their R&D and all of the EPA crap the better motors we get to have in RV's. The motors now will last forever as long as you do the maintenance. The best thing they ever did was control a diesel engine with a computer. We used to spend large dollars to get 450 hp out of a Cummins now it is just chip the ECM.
Lee0920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #5

We had lunch at Lazy Days today. Excellent meal. The owner was over at our park, Rincon East, on Wednesday and brought one Class C, one used 5th wheeler, and one TT for people to see. One couple was very interested in the 5th wheeler. He passed out some free lunch passes and water bottles. I was not impressed with his presentation, but the food was good.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Got it thanks "Cummins".........apparently not on my spell check. Thanks Moisheh, interesting how the "positive" news didn't mention that they (Cummins) were still down from 08. I guess all news these days will put on a positive spin so the current administration can get reelected. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
moisheh... yes... we spent a month at Lazydays Tucson and absolutely loved it there... so much that Tucson offers in the way of sights and great restaurants. And the people at the park are wonderful. We stayed there a lot longer than we originally had planned on staying... and we'll be back for sure.

Also, we recently bought a 2011 HR Endeavor and couldn't be happier with it. Fantastic rig.. we're pinching ourselves to realize this isn't a wonderful dream!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f58/our-n...ft-113803.html
Old 02-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #8

Dhart: I saw your post on RV.Net and it was so refreshing to read a post from a person with such a positive attitude. No b--ching or complaining. The was a few things you did not like and just went ahead and changed them! Congrats on the new coach. It is a beauty!

BTW: We had dinner at the reastaurant last night. Gourmet quality and reasonably priced.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
Moisheh... So glad you're enjoying Lazydays. Nice rig you have too!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Don't forget that all the new 2012 have the Navistar MaxxForce 10 engine too.

Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
We are at Lazy Days in Tucson.....selling. Not one salesman came out to see what I was doing.........
moisheh,

This is normal for Lazydays. Lazydays Tampa is the only place I have ever been where you almost have to make an appointment to see a salesman. At Tampa, once you hook up with a salesman, they ride you all over the place in a golf cart. At Tampa you can walk around for days and not be bothered by a salesman. The new and used units have the keys in them and you can start them up if you like.

When we were at Lazydays a few weeks ago I ask if they had moved some units to Tucson and they said yes. Guess it will take awhile to build up the stock. We hope to get out to Tucson someday and check out that location.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #12

They do have a problem in moving new units. They do not have a Monaco franchise and La Mesa has Tiffin. Does Florida have Forest River? I also noticed 2 Entegra's that appeared new. The only Fleetwoods are the American line. I wish them the best but it could be difficult without those other lines.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
We were at Tampa yesterday. Yes they have Forest River. We were not impressed with the few new diesel class A's they had. We did talk with a saleswomen after we flagged her down on her golf cart. They have a very nice park like facility.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
I believe that most of the Monaco models have HR branded twins. So, Lazydays in Tucson has the Monaco line up, in part anyway... under the HR name.

Is there a Monaco dealership in Tucson? I couldn't find one. So... perhaps Lazydays can land the Monaco line up as well in Tucson. I think someone told me they were working on that.

One day while staying at Lazydays, we went over to La Mesa in hopes of finding a coach or two (or more) that were in competition with the Diplomat/Endeavor twins or higher.

We wandered around the lot. Every coach was locked up tight. No salesman in sight. There were no tandem axle models... nothing we could find in the Diplomat/Endeavor class or better. Finally, a salesman drove over our way in a golf cart and I asked if they had any tandem axle models and he briskly shook his head and drove off without another word. Far cry from the world across the street.

Meanwhile, back on the Lazydays lot, all the coaches were open for viewing by anyone who wanted to look them over. My wife and I went through every Class A coach on the lot. And when we asked for a salesman, we got exceptional service by a wonderfully knowledgeable and friendly fellow. But we appreciated being able to browse the inventory WITHOUT a salesman while we wanted to do so!

In the higher end realm, Lazydays had one or two Endeavors, a Revolution or two, a couple of Traditions, a couple of Eagles, a Heritage, and a couple of Entegras. Certainly understandable that most RV buyers are not looking for 300k+ Class A's, but it's really nice to have a dealership, like Lazydays, which offers the full range of RV's, including the high end stuff. And I love their policy to have the coaches open for people to peruse on their own as they wish.