Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Leak Behind/Under Shower

I need HELP. A couple of day ago I noticed a wet spot on the ground under the Propane bay. I checked and it was dripping from the hole were the hard Propane pipe goes up into the motorhome. More checking and I found the area under the shower was soaked. The leak is not from the drain it is coming from the water supply lines. I took the cover off the Shower Valve and could see what looked like water stains on the pipe that goes down to the flex hose connection but that is not the leak. I opened the cover that hides the loops for the kitchen slide out but can't reach in to do any type of investigating or repairs.
Does anyone have any idea on how to access the connection that are behind the shower?? Also any hints on tracing this type of water leak?
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hi ,Dave,if your unit is like mine(HR Neptune) you will have to have the slide out to acess the back side of the shower, Mine has a 12x12 panel to acess .We have had a small leak at this location.(Fixed with teflon and retighting) Hope this helps.
Bill
Old 05-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Dave -- It`s probably a plastic connecting nut backed off a little -- You may have to cut the paneling behind the kitchen cabinets to reach it -- If you have a small mirror, maybe you can shine a light on it, to reflect the light up the wall, & see the leak -- I can feel your pain, because I`ve been there -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to both Bills for the ideas. We have found the leak and it has been repaired. Turns out that the Corian Panel mount on the kitchen wall that backs to the shower is removable. It was held in place by double sided tape. Shop used a long flat piece of metal to slide behind the panel and cut the sticky tape. Once the panel was removed we found a access hole to get to the shower valve. It turned out the leak was coming from plastic 90 degree fittings that are screwed into the shower valve. The water lines connect to these fittings. I guess over time the fittings worked lose and starting leaking. Removing the fitting adding new Teflon tape and tightening the fittings fixed the leak. It looks like the leak has been going on for a while. I plan to reinstall the Corian using some wood moldings on the left and right edge. This will allow me to easily remove the panel in the future if need be.
I am attaching some pictures to show what happened.

Well I tried to insert the picture but looks like it failed. They are in my photo gallery.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
This is a repost to try to include the images
Thanks to both Bills for the ideas. We have found the leak and it has been repaired. Turns out that the Corian Panel mount on the kitchen wall that backs to the shower is removable. It was held in place by double sided tape. Shop used a long flat piece of metal to slide behind the panel and cut the sticky tape. Once the panel was removed we found a access hole to get to the shower valve. It turned out the leak was coming from plastic 90 degree fittings that are screwed into the shower valve. The water lines connect to these fittings. I guess over time the fittings worked lose and starting leaking. Removing the fitting adding new Teflon tape and tightening the fittings fixed the leak. It looks like the leak has been going on for a while. I plan to reinstall the Corian using some wood moldings on the left and right edge. This will allow me to easily remove the panel in the future if need be.
I am attaching some pictures to show what happened.
Here is the panel that needs to be removed

With the panel removed you can see the shower valve access hole

Here is the valve there were water stains all over the plastic 90

Now I have to figure out how to reinstall the Corian panel without using double sided tape. I want the panel to be look nice but be easy to remove. Any ideas?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Dave you could use Velcro, and then caulk around the edge. No too much Velcro, just the corners and center top and bottom should do it.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Rex
Thanks for the great suggestion I used my heavy duty velcro and it went up easy. I will cauk around it tomorrow. These great suggestions are why I love this site and the members.