RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2014, 09:42 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
4 day's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
On air only, it leaks down in about 4 days, but I always use the hydraulic legs so it's not an issue
Park it, get out of it, 4 days it is on the frame? Hummmm....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #16

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Park it, get out of it, 4 days it is on the frame? Hummmm....
Air systems leak. That's why you have a compressor attached to the engine. Same reason a boat has a bilge pump. If it airs up and maintains pressure while running, I don't see it as an issue. If you are capable of tracking them down by soap bubbles or a stethoscope, great. To pay someone to make it air tight at today's truck mechanic shop rates, hope you have deep pockets.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Leaks normal?

[QUOTE=BFlinn181;1881023]Air systems leak. That's why you have a compressor attached to the engine. Same reason a boat has a bilge pump. If it airs up and maintains pressure while running, I don't see it as an issue. If you are capable of tracking them down by soap bubbles or a stethoscope, great. To pay someone to make it air tight at today's truck mechanic shop rates, hope you have deep pockets.[/QUOTE]

On my Sea-Ray Weekender after I sealed everything that Sea-Ray failed to seal........after it ran out of warranty .......my bilge pump did not run due to leaks......and with my Coach......the less my compressor has to cycle the happier my system is, I have heard not only Coach's but semi's that sit idling(or running down the road) and you can hear the air dryer blowing off quite frequently, not normal to me, indicates a problem..... to me, maybe not to others......
I do all my own work, if you have deep pockets and are not able to do your own work, most mechanics would not care about air leaks in your system nor report them and repair them, just all the sooner you will return to him....with another full pocket
Old 01-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
I grew up on wooden boats. When first putting in the water for the season, they leaked, or even tried to sink if not still in the sling of the Travel-lift. Some would sprinkle sawdust in the slip and lower into that to speed sealing. Once swelled up, they would still drip from the shaft and rudder packings. I never owned a fiberglas or plastic boat. I still think a couple of days long slow leak is not something to worry about. Yes, it would be an ideal situation to have every air line, fitting, valve and tank leakproof, but stuff happens.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapperdan View Post
Is it normal to have the coach leak down over a week or so? When I last parked my Coach, I left it aired up. When I went to check on it a little over a week later one side had lowered 1 to 2 inches. Is this normal? Or do I have a problem that needs checked out.

Dan
This is fairly normal. It's a really slow leak. It might well be almost impossible to find.

If I'm parked for a few hours up to as long as overnight, I let the coach sit at ride height on the air bags. If I'm parking the coach for at least a few days, I release the air, and let the air ride system have a rest.

It has worked really well for me.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
It looks like the problem is air leaking from air bag or bags in one corner, I would have to fix that. Air leaking slowly form tanks or fittings to tanks is not as bad sometimes. One corner could put quite a twist on the frame. I have been chasing air pressure leak, but not from airbags, coach stays level for months,, maybe longer! Good thing about one corner is it will be easier to find.
Good luck again
John G.
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I would inspect the air lines going to the left rear air bag. I routinely see air lines that have rubbed on sharp corners of the frame or metal brackets and they rub small pinholes in the air lines causing minor leaks. These "minor" leaks although can very easily turn into "major" leaks.

I went through both our DP's with a spray bottle of soapy water and found several minor leaks and not once was it a fitting, it was always an air line with a pinhole.

On my Dynasty after purchasing it I not only went through and inspected the lines, but I also took rubber fuel line and sliced it lengthwise to install around the air line anywhere it had the possibility of rubbing the frame or a bracket somewhere. Just preventive measures more than anything.

Our Dynasty will drop a little in about 3 weeks or so but that is about as tight as I can get it.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak