Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2018, 07:13 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Leak in curbside front slideout - how to get access?

There is a thread posted here about the flexible kitchen sink drain hose cracking and leaking due to loose mounting screws slideout moves in and out.

I thought it would be a good idea to check mine. i removed the access panel and snapped some photos of the drain hose and the area to review (had to stick camera in at arms length to get a shot of the slideout roller). That's when I noticed a hyd leak at the slideout jack.

So how do I get access to this? It's behind the cabinetry that holds the cooktop and dishwasher. I think I will need to pull dishwasher out (assuming the cabinet opening the dishwasher fits into does not have a back.

Has anyone worked on the hyd cylinders for the kitchen (front curbside) slideout?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen slideout hoses.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	225483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen Slideout hoses2.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	225484  

Name:	Kitchen Slideout Roller and Hydraulics.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	225485  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2018, 05:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
On mine the cabinet section in front of it (the first cabinet section that is on the slide) is removable. This is a shallow depth cabinet with a door. By looking at the front of the cabinets, if yours is the same, you should be able to see that there is a seam in the cabinets. Mine have a small radius on each side of this verticals seam that clearly shows that there is two pieces. If so open the door on the small cabinet and you will find screws on the left side that screw the cabinets together. On mine the floor and back of this small cabinet are also removed after taking out the screws that hold them in. The floor screw is kind of hidden in the carpet. Also, mine has an LED light strip on the bottom that snaps out from a tube under the cabinet. Once these are all removed the cabinet can be remover by pulling it forward while tilting the top back to clear the lip that is under the counter. Feel free to PM me with your number and I can clarify any details that may not be clear.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have the cabinet removed that is in front of the slide mechanism. It's a small cabinet about 12 inches wide and countertop high.

But there is still no way to reach in there far enough to do anything. I can just reach the mechanism but the cylinder is further back inside the framework/u-channel of the mechanism. In order to reach the cylinder, the slide must be retracted which means I have to reach past the entire width of room to reach hyd cylinder.

I would have to remove the next section of cabinetry (the cooktop, backsplash, microwave, dishwasher section ) to get access to work on it. On the other side (to right) of the mechanism is the backside of the Shower wall which is not an option to remove.

The leak is not bad enough to go through this much trouble. I'm only seeing a drop or two of fluid, and that's only when the slide out is operated.

So I decided to place an absorbent sheet (made for oil leaks) under the mechanism and seal it back up for now. I'll monitor that sheet and if it starts getting full of oil, reconsider my options then.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	225875  
Old 11-14-2018, 06:15 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If the leak appears to be coming up higher you might try removing the slide trim board. Mine is attached with heavy duty Velcro. Removing the vertical one may give you access
Old 11-14-2018, 06:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Or maybe you need to track down a skinny kid to get in there [emoji15]
Old 11-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, I removed the trim board, and behind that there is a white metal plate that extends almost to the floor. I removed that and can see the entire mechanism. I just can't reach it. I was able to get a wrench on the top hyd hose fitting on the cylinder but it was tight.
Oh well.
Know any skinny kids with real long arms?

BTW - while I'm in there, I'm going to replace the slide out guide roller. I have another thread on this ("where to find a guide roller") - but I eventually located and order it from Beaver Coach Sales (BCS). So at least I'm making some progress in keeping this old girl running.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Yes there’s always issues somewhere. Currently I have an issue with the slides not moving one way or the other and had to jumper solenoids while on the road to utilize them. Unfortunately, the only Intellitec support is in Ohio so I will need to get there in the Spring to have it repaired.

Tags
leak, slide, slideout