Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #1

leaking help

hi gang hope everyone is doing fine an well ...well have problem on my slide out had two slideout seals put in ..still some water leaks inside on the back side of the wall behind the microwave ..an small streak down the side of the wall i dont see any dripping just streaks ..an the interor slide trim is wet an the fake wood trim is blugging out a bit needs replacement any ideas .help
ezgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Is this with the slide closed or open? Which seals did you have replaced? Check to see if your top seal is wiping the top of the slide as it closes. You will have to have someone to close the slide a little at the time to see what the seal is doing. Mine came loose at the top and rolled inside as I closed the slide. You may have a similar problem. Let us know what the seals are doing as you close the slide.
Mutt
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #3

leaky slideout

this is when it closed going down the road ...although time when it rains even if its out ...the seal is the flap thingy ...had it replaced twice
ezgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Set your camper up as if you are camping and be sure it is level. Move the slide in about an inch. Then spray water on top of the roof as if it were raining. Go inside the unit and put you fingers over behind the top of the slide to see if there is water standing or puddled on the roof. Hopefully, there is enough room to get a mirror and hold it against the ceiling to try and look behind the top trim over the microwave. You may want to try this as the water is running. When leaks occur, the only way to find the source is to look for the leak as it occurs. I have chased one slide leak for years. Just found the source of water as I posted recently. It was a condition that didn't always occur and depending of the position of the camper. It happened that water was following the bottom of the slide on a piece of trim, and I needed to caulk the trim differently, and put a block so the water wouldn't follow the trim past the exterior seal flap.
Leaks aren't impossible to find, but it does take a lot of patience and time to follow the water trail. Hope this helps.
Mutt
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Move the slide out a bit and get on a ladder and look at the top corner of the hole the slide goes through. Look at the seal on the back of the outside wall of the slide itself. This seal is supposed to be tight around the hole opening, especially at the top corners. From those I have seen, most of the seals on the back side of the slide outside wall are rounded a bit at the top corner, however the hole they cover is square. Make sure the slide is adjusted upward sufficiently to cover the corners when it closes. By looking closely at the corners you should be able to see where the seal overlaps the area when closed.

Also make sure the entire seal around the back of the slide outside wall across the top and sides of the slide is tight against the coach body when the slide in closed. If not it will leak and needs to be adjusted.. If not it will leak and needs to be adjusted

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote