Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Stevepkam Send a message via Yahoo to Stevepkam
LED puck light replacement

Has anyone found a source of LED replacements for the halogen bulbs used in the ceiling " puck" type fixtures. at the RV dealers, they are outrageous.
Thanks for help.
Stevepkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
try led lightsworld.com. marc
Old 07-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
M4 Products is who I used. Good product and awesome service.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #4

eBay
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #5

Replaced ours with Ebay.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I tried to remove one from the ceiling cause the globe was blown and the glass part fell out and broke. It's a Halogen globe. Obviously can't replace just that one with LED, but to replace all would be a major job. So where would I get a whole new fitting.
Les, I didn't notice but are all your puck lights LED's.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #7

Try EBAY for reasonable prices on lamps

As others have suggested, you will find that a number of eBAY vendors handle boxes of ten lamps. These are made in China, but I assume that all of them are made in China regardless of who puts their name on the bulbs. I have had good luck with them. Enter your bulb number and I think that you will be surprised at the price. Of course, I am talking about incandescent bulbs. I have not replaced the puck halogens with LEDs at this point. Don't use them that much and like the light that we get from the incandenscents (which are on a dimmer).l

Good luck and have fun

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have started to replace the ceiling halogen, G-4 style bulbs with LEDs. I have found that the brightness of the halogen is hard to match, but the heat coming off those halogens is downright scary! The best bet is to search on Ebay for the style 12V bulbs you are seeking. If you haven't ordered anything from Ebay before, it can be a bit daunting. But understand that you pay through Paypal and the seller never gets your credit card info. This was my first Ebay experience, but the prices can't be beat, and since then, I have found lots more stuff to buy! Isn't that great?
Just order a couple, until you find what suits you, then order more to fill all your puck lights. We found that the ones which were not bright enough for the 20watt halogen replacements worked just fine in the 10 watt halogen puck lights. They were 2 watt LEDs. We found the 4 or 5 watt Leds are much brighter. The ones we bought average $1.75 to $4.00 a piece including shipping.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
My halogen lights had the typical two pin bulb and a heavy metal puck that was used as a heat sink. I removed the metal puck and installed these LED's Side Pin G4 12V AC/DC 9 x Tri-Chip 5050 SMD LED Bulb 120 Degree - 20W Equal [LB-SG4-9T-12V] - $5.77 : Led Strips Hero-ledstore.com

They work great, are soft white and adjust down to about the last 25% of adjustment and then shut off.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Steve - we replaced all our halogen two-pin puck lights about four years ago. Also replaced all 12V incandescent lights inside and outside (yes it was expensive). We wanted to dry camp without worrying about switching on a light to be able to see. Now all our lights inside use approx 70w instead of 700w - really changes the equation! Also replaced porch light and compartment lights - again don't need to worry about draining the batteries when switching them on.

we got most of ours from superbrightleds dot com. we found that you MUST get the "warm white" version of each light. The regular "white" LED light is almost Blue and very cold in hue. even then it's not quite the same as the halogen or incandescent but we're willing to live with it to be able to go days without starting the generator.

Good luck in the switchover!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
M4 Products is who I used. Good product and awesome service.
Concur. Good company, good price, first class product. 5 stars.
Regards,
Tom C.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #12

I prefer the bright white instead of the yellow I got them for less than 1.00 per light

10pcs G4 24 3528 SMD LED Pure White Light Bulb Lamp New | eBay
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement