Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2021, 06:09 AM   #29

I'm lost My question is on air ride NOT on air leveling

My coach rides down the road completely deflated on the left side and fully inflated on the right.
I am looking for the schematic for the Roadmaster 8 bag chassis. This chassis was used on most Monaco's except the tags and lower end coaches.
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2021, 07:57 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco Air System Drawings

Attached are Monaco air system drawings for the Roadmaster chassis, that I have downloaded from here before.

Hope they are helpful.
Josh

PS Another great source for drawings and schematics is from a forum member here CountryB. CountryB has a shared online folder where he hosts a bunch of drawings, schematics, brochures and other information about Monaco and Beavers. The links are in his signature, I hope it's ok that I share the link for the drawings/schematics here as there could be more helpful information there.
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:29 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy2 View Post
My coach rides down the road completely deflated on the left side and fully inflated on the right.
I am looking for the schematic for the Roadmaster 8 bag chassis. This chassis was used on most Monaco's except the tags and lower end coaches.
Do you have air leveling on your coach? The schematic is different if you do. That’s leveling when you are stopped, not hydraulic jacks.

I have schematics for coaches equipped with hydraulic levelers I can post.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:16 AM   #32

Thanks guys

Thank you thank you thank you, i think the drawing Josh sent will do the trick I do believe I can work how this whole thing works, hopefully fix it. I never gave the ride much thought until it broke.

John
Old 06-24-2021, 11:31 AM   #33

broken linkage

After looking at the drawings and doing all te easy stuff, I shimmied under the rear and saw i have broken linkage to the level valve on the left side. Now all I have to do is find a way to get to it and take it off and repair it or replace the linkage.

Always fun sometimes more sometime less

John
Old 06-24-2021, 01:47 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Yep, always look for the simple things first

Just be careful under there. Maybe a good plan to drive up onto some blocks with the back wheels before you start working there.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:56 PM   #35

John,

Take it to any parts house catering to OTR trucks.

And, absolutely, have safety stands under it or drive the rear wheels up on boards to give yourself clearance.

After installing the new linkage DO check ride height on both axles.

Glad it is a simple matter. Linkage and leaking ride height valves are the most common issue with the air suspensions.

Yes, air bags do wear out, and yes if air leveling, you can have a problem with the 6 packs, but as you found out, the simple answer is often the correct answer.

But, the is quite a lot of excellent information in this thread, including diagrams of the air system on your coach. KEEP THEM-- great tool for any future issues.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #36

Great Thanks

Yes to this point I have been very lucky. I could have been in the middle of nowhere which is my happy place. this way fed ex delivers it tomorrow.
I thank all of you that helped me.

John
Old 06-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #37

I had a similar issue on my 2002 Dynasty, riding high in the front on the right side. I finally discovered that the solenoid for the left front was faulty, causing the right side to air up too far trying to compensate. So... if it looks like one side is acting up, check the other side to make sure it isn't causing the problem. When I bought mine, the solenoids were about $120. I always carry a spare.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:28 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy2 View Post
I'm lost as the left side won't come up and the right side is high. This happened after not using the coach for two weeks, every thing was fine when I parked it.
any help would be great. The bags dump fore and aft so this right left thing has me baffled by the way this is a eight bag Roadmaster chassis.

Thanks John
I had the same issue. Mind turned out to be a bad ride height air solenoid. I would check the left ride first valve first. If the rear left bags are not inflated, and the right rear seem to be over inflated, then the problem valve is on the rear HWH six pack. If the front left isn’t inflated, then the problem ride height valve is on the front six pack. The ride hight valves are powered on anytime the coach is in drive mode. I suspect that if you try and level the coach using the air leveling system, the coach will level properly, but when you turn the system off to give control to the ride hight valves which connect between the axles and the frame, the problem reoccurs. This puts a lot of twist on the frame, so it must be addressed. Do not drive it in the condition. There is a bypass thumb valve on the side of each of the Six Packs that can be opened to bypass the faulty solenoid. Your air leveling will not work properly until this bypass valve is closed. You can verify if the ride height coil of the solenoid is working by verifying if the valve body is magnetized . If the coil is getting 12v power, but the shaft isn’t magnetized, then the coil itself has failed, which can be done easily without removing the valve from the manifold. If the solenoid isn’t getting power, then check the fuses in the main controller. I suspect you will find a bad coil. Just open the manual bypass until you can have it checked out.
Eric Koger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:22 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Have you checked the air ride leveling valves? The arm may have come unattached to the rod connected to the axle. On my coach I have one per side for a total of 4
1doodadd,

You hit it right on the head.

Strangely enough, my 2000 Monaco Diplomat did exactly the same thing right after I read this post. It had been perfectly level on the last startup.

I slid underneath behind the rear axle and found the linkage bar hanging loose from the valve. The rubber end had pulled apart. It was not repairable, so I engineered a new bar from things lying around the shop, installed it, and the motorhome resumed it's normal ride height.

Gosh, I love this site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1625235500219553357550.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	334431   Click image for larger version

Name:	16252356239021133757924.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	334432  

thesoundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:48 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoundguy View Post
1doodadd,

You hit it right on the head.

Strangely enough, my 2000 Monaco Diplomat did exactly the same thing right after I read this post. It had been perfectly level on the last startup.

I slid underneath behind the rear axle and found the linkage bar hanging loose from the valve. The rubber end had pulled apart. It was not repairable, so I engineered a new bar from things lying around the shop, installed it, and the motorhome resumed it's normal ride height.

Gosh, I love this site.

Yup, a common failure item, easy to identify, and cheap and easy to replace.

Just be sure you have SAFETY ROOM UNDER THE COACH so you are not trying support the weight of the coach on your chest!
Old 07-03-2021, 04:43 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
I haven’t read thru all the posts but I did watch a video last night from the AZ Expert called A Very Long Service Call it was on YouTube was informative
Old 10-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #42

The issue turned out to be a faulty “Travel” coil on the left rear HWH 6-pack. The coils that give ride height control to the chassis right height valves are energized anytime the HWH control is in travel mode. The left travel coil failed, not allowing the ride height valve to adjust the pressure in the left airbags. I found there is a manual thumb screw on each of the 6-packs that bypasses this solenoid in the event of a failure to allow the coach to level using the ride height adjustment valves attached to the axels. Once I identified the coil that was not energizing, I verified it was receiving voltage from the controller (which it was). I removed the coil and verified that it was faulty using a ohm meter (indicating an open circuit). Changing the coil is a straight forward process once you gain access to the 6-pack by removing a single nut at the top of the coil and no need to open the valve itself. Replacing the coil and closing the manual thumb screw bypass valve returned the coach to normal functioning.
Eric Koger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ags, air