Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
ON A MONACO PRODUCT!! Slides = "First out - last in"
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
that mod is on my list...

can anyone point me toward the "how to switch your slide and awning interlock from engine running to ebrake on?" section?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Each coach is different. With that said I contacted Navistar RV in Coburg and they had one of their electrical engineers fax me a drawing on how to do it. That is the reason my dinette slide cable frayed. I started to drive off with my slides out. That part is OK, but don't do what I did and have your front wheels turned to make a "turn" out of the space I was in. I stopped when I looked in the side view mirrors and saw the driver's slide sticking out. Put on the air brake then and there and proceeded to bring in the slides. Well the passenger slide "frame" no doubt was tweaked, and therefore the slide motor didn't care and pulled on the cable. Bottom line (cable frayed) bring in slides while aired up without having your steering wheels @55 degrees. Lesson learned........deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. Sounds as though our coach is no different from other Monacos. Don't think a modification is necessary, just wanted to verify that it's "normal" to have to shut off the engine before bringing in the slides. It seems a bit odd, but I'm happy to learn that it is "normal."
NINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #19

The only interlock I have found on mine is: to operate the jacks, the P-brake has to be on and the shifter in park. Slides don't care.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Some manufacturers have different requirements on extending and bringing in slides. I don't like starting and stopping my engine unnecessarily. When I arrive at a campsite I turn OFF the engine (do the normal chores), and when I leave only start the engine ONCE. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #21

A few things to remember and keep in mind. Leveling dynamics are different with jacks or air springs. Jacks are connected to the chassis and deployed to the ground. Air springs are connected to the MH frame and chassis. A MH, with slides, is equally structurally sound with the slides fully retracted or fully extended. These points are true no matter the manufacturer. If you have a MH that is equipped with a HWH auto leveling system, it does not care who manufactured the MH, it will use the same procedure, dependent on jacks or air springs. To me, it makes sense to deploy the slides before leveling since that distributes the weight as it will be when leveled. The leveling dynamics are the same no matter the leveling system, jacks/Air springs, manual/automatic or which company manufactured the leveling system or MH. I think most problems occur when manual leveling with jacks on a very non level site.

Jim E
Pairajays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #22

I agree, especially with ones like mine where there is only one button for the front jacks. Where I usually camp, it is pretty level, so I lower my jacks till they just touch.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling