Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #1

Leveling jack opinions

I am going to be purchasing a Monaco probably 07-09 Signature,Executive or Dynasty shortly. been looking at quite a few but have one question about leveling jacks. Some but not many of them are not equipped with jacks as well as the suspension leveling air. Any opinions from owners, especially those who do not have the jack system on the importance of the HWH or other manufacturers or does not having them work out in most situations. I know that if you stay in resorts and parks with concrete or asphalt parking pads it should not be an issue i am talking about situations other than that.
Mholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2020, 05:55 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco used HWH air leveling systems through the 2006 model year. In 2007 they began using the Power Gear Valid air leveling system. Both are great systems.
On the Signature, both HWH and Valid systems were offered with an optional dual leveling system that includes hydraulic jacks in addition to the air bag leveling.
The optional dual leveling is not on my "Must Have" list. If the air only system is in good condition, it works quite well.
I especially like the HWH system. Many of the Newmar owners are taking brand new coaches to the HWH factory to add the HWH Active Air system. This is a $10k smart system with larger air lines, larger solenoids, and a faster computer designed to counteract out of level condition even in emergency lane changes. HWH is advancing the state of the art leveling system.

You can download the original Monaco brochures. These are helpful when searching.
https://www.monacocoach.com/luxury-rv-brochures

It appears you are making a "Must Have" list for your future purchase. Smart idea. We have looked at hundreds of Signatures/Executives and now know what we like and do not like. I would say a suitable floor plan would be at the top of my list. After that would be my engine choice. Below these are Eaton Vorad Smart Cruise as well as several other options.

Keep asking questions and best of luck with your search.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:09 AM   #3

We have both on our coach. And although we use the air leveling perhaps 90% of the time, it is very nice to have the jacks available also. If parked for a long time, very unusual for us, I'll put down the jacks just to stabilize and not need the air to keep adjusting. Or if I am working underneath, it is good piece of mind to be able to raise a corner with the air and also the jacks. The main advantage of the air leveling is you don't need to worry about what kind of surface you're parked on, and you don't need to mess with jack pads in soft places. Our coach happened to have both, but I'm not sure it would be a have to have item, but it is nice.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:03 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mholt View Post
I am going to be purchasing a Monaco probably 07-09 Signature,Executive or Dynasty shortly. been looking at quite a few but have one question about leveling jacks. Some but not many of them are not equipped with jacks as well as the suspension leveling air. Any opinions from owners, especially those who do not have the jack system on the importance of the HWH or other manufacturers or does not having them work out in most situations. I know that if you stay in resorts and parks with concrete or asphalt parking pads it should not be an issue i am talking about situations other than that.
I have the Valid air only leveling. We have never felt like we need the jacks. If I were looking for a different coach, another air only would be fine.

Some individuals don't like the air only as you can feel a little movement while in the coach and someone is walking around. We've had boats for many years so that little movement is not a concern to us.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:28 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We have the HWH air leveling on our Signature and we don't register (perceive) any movement in the coach when we walk around. I'm sure everyone's sensitivity is different, and it could also be different based on the coach/chassis. The 10 air bag S-Series tag chassis is a pretty solid foundation, and like I said for us we do not typically perceive any movement.

For what it's worth, while we were shopping for our last coach we found that the Holiday Rambler Navigator's tended to most often have the dual leveling option (air & hydraulic). This was an option on the Signatures and Executives as well, just didn't seem to find as many when we were looking.

Not a must have for us, we find the air leveling very convenient. My wife is actually quite sensitive to the coach being out of level, and so the air leveling allows us to even level the coach at a rest stop during lunch or if staying the night at a Walmart or Pilot, etc. Leveling is always 2 button presses away, and 1 press (and 10 secs) away from travel mode.
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:23 PM   #6

thanks for the info
Mholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #7

My Windsor has the HWH air leveling only. I must say when I first got it I was a bit nervous about it just not being familiar with it. I had hydraulic jacks on my previous Diplomat and always was having to use pads as most parks require them. I can honestly tell you after using air level I love it,no more dragging in and out the pads especially in cold rainy weather. I push a button and I'm done. JMO
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling