RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2020, 02:12 PM   #1

Leveling Jacks question

This may sound sort of silly but I was wondering what the steps most of you folks perform when leveling your Class A RV. On our 2004 Monaco LaPalma, I was messing with it yesterday just to get familiar with the leveling system and where it is parked, it is just a tad off level without the jacks down. When I put the front jacks down and tried to get the bubble to come to the front, (raising) It brought the wheels off the ground before that happened. Then I raised the rear and tried to get it level side to side. Is that the right way? If not, please inform me of how you do it. Thanks for your patience with my ignorance. I'm old.
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2020, 02:18 PM   #2

Any idea what brand of levelers your coach is equipped with ?
Is there a name on the control pad?

Lippert? Power Gear ? HWH ? If you can provide info on that we should be able to track down a users manual for you; or direct you to a site when you can download one.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:47 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sometimes the coach owners manual will advise you on a deployment sequence but not always. My routine is to first position the coach in the camp site as close to level as possible. The less jack extension I need the better. I then check that when the jacks come down they have firm ground to land on. No big rocks, pot holes or artesian wells bubbling up thru the ground and such. I'll use landing pads for soft ground or asphalt to limit dents or burying a jack in the dirt.

Front pair are first down to ground contact then the rear pair, again to ground contact. Then I raise the low end (front or rear) then raise the low side (left or right). Rather than a bubble I use the fridge door as my jack control pad is mid coach near the fridge. I shoot for keeping the door at a steady position when open about 45 degrees from closed position.

You don't need to be exact. If you feel comfortable so will the coach systems that are sensitive. I try an avoid fine tuning with small adjustments left/right or front/back. If you over or under shoot and can't find level sometimes it's just best to retract and start over with a manual system rather than chasing the bubble. And ALWAYS keep at least one of the rear wheel sets in firm contact with the ground or firmly block the front wheels so the coach doesn't move.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Any idea what brand of levelers your coach is equipped with ?
Is there a name on the control pad?

Lippert? Power Gear ? HWH ? If you can provide info on that we should be able to track down a users manual for you; or direct you to a site when you can download one.
I went through my BIG BOX of info and found the manual for the levelers. They are PowerGear. So now I have something to go by as far as what they recommend. I just thought I'd ask for a general consensus from the more learned folks here just to have something to compare to the manual. I have already done some research but all ideas are welcome. This is the same system that I had on our Southwind but it seems to operate a bit differently. Thanks for your suggestion and any help.
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks