Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2016, 12:49 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Leveling system 2004 Windsor

My Windsor has the auto air leveling system. I push the air button twice and it auto levels the coach. I love this feature but the leveling is off. I assume there are levels built into the coach that this system is reading from, does anyone know where they are located and how to reset them to level, (when I know the coach is level)?
Thanks for the help.
David
Vt dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
David, I have the air leveling also (no hydraulic jacks) on my 2002 Windsor. I'm not sure if it's the same as yours. Mine has the 600 series HWH leveling system. When we bought it in 2012, it had the same problem as yours. I called HWH and found out that it has a leveling adjustment to correct this. Mine is a round disc in the equipment bay where the water heater, inverter, water pump, water manifold block, etc. are located. It is on the ceiling of that compartment. There are screws to adjust it.

I leveled the coach manually using the leveling system and a long carpenter's level. Some of the leveling lights were on at that point. I had my wife watch the panel and I talked to her on our cellphones while I adjusted it to make the lights go out, indicating level. It's a pretty simple thing.

Yours may look different or may be in a different location, but it's under there somewhere. If you can't find it I would call Monaco Tech Support and they can probably tell you where to look!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
David, I have the air leveling also (no hydraulic jacks) on my 2002 Windsor. I'm not sure if it's the same as yours. Mine has the 600 series HWH leveling system. When we bought it in 2012, it had the same problem as yours. I called HWH and found out that it has a leveling adjustment to correct this. Mine is a round disc in the equipment bay where the water heater, inverter, water pump, water manifold block, etc. are located. It is on the ceiling of that compartment. There are screws to adjust it.

I leveled the coach manually using the leveling system and a long carpenter's level. Some of the leveling lights were on at that point. I had my wife watch the panel and I talked to her on our cellphones while I adjusted it to make the lights go out, indicating level. It's a pretty simple thing.

Yours may look different or may be in a different location, but it's under there somewhere. If you can't find it I would call Monaco Tech Support and they can probably tell you where to look!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Hi Joe,
That is extremely helpful. I will go look at the coach and see if I can find it. Do you remember what it looked like? Does it have a clear cover?
Thanks again
David
Old 07-30-2016, 08:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
David,

I have the Valid air leveling system in my '06. I think in 2005, they had the firestone system. Not sure about your '04. I know that air leveling was an option then. My guess is either the HWH or the firestone.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Bill,
I do have the HWH. I'm going to get in the cargo bay and see if I can locate the adjuster.
David
Old 07-31-2016, 01:27 PM   #6

Dave, when you locate the levelling unit, can you take a picture and post it. I have the same system and noticed it isn't levelling perfectly. It would be good to know what I'm looking for. I have a 2004 Windsor PST as well. Thanks, Bert.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:01 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by String8888 View Post
Dave, when you locate the levelling unit, can you take a picture and post it. I have the same system and noticed it isn't levelling perfectly. It would be good to know what I'm looking for. I have a 2004 Windsor PST as well. Thanks, Bert.
Hi Bert,
Will do. How do you like your 04 Windsor? Do you have the 400ISL?

Looks like your body paint is the same as mine. I'm looking for touch up paint for minor road chips, any ideas for locating that?
David
Old 08-02-2016, 02:07 PM   #8

Hi Dave, we really like the Windsor, we've had it 3 years now without any issues to speak of. Yes we have the 400ISL and it moves us along comfortably. In BC we have a few mountain passes that can be challenging but we always get there.
I haven't done a lot to it for mods other than adding the Hyda-Lift for my Harley, and the Van cross links to the back suspension. Mike Hughes recently sent me the Watts Link pivot, so I need to built the rest of the Watts Link and install it on the front suspension. Overall it handles pretty well already, but I can't wait to get down to 2 finger driving.
As for paint, I had a small incident last year (self inflicted) and needed to get the rear cap repainted. I'd asked for a bit of extra paint for each color, but the body shop said because they are now regulated to use water based paint, it wouldn't work for doing touch-ups. The shop did a great job of matching the colours which I was very happy with.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:48 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by String8888 View Post
Hi Dave, we really like the Windsor, we've had it 3 years now without any issues to speak of. Yes we have the 400ISL and it moves us along comfortably. In BC we have a few mountain passes that can be challenging but we always get there.
I haven't done a lot to it for mods other than adding the Hyda-Lift for my Harley, and the Van cross links to the back suspension. Mike Hughes recently sent me the Watts Link pivot, so I need to built the rest of the Watts Link and install it on the front suspension. Overall it handles pretty well already, but I can't wait to get down to 2 finger driving.
As for paint, I had a small incident last year (self inflicted) and needed to get the rear cap repainted. I'd asked for a bit of extra paint for each color, but the body shop said because they are now regulated to use water based paint, it wouldn't work for doing touch-ups. The shop did a great job of matching the colours which I was very happy with.
Thanks Bert,
I've got a call in to Monaco for touch up paint. We'll see how that goes. I am intrigued by this; Van cross links to the back suspension. Can you tell me more about that?

Thanks for the help.
David
Old 08-03-2016, 10:18 AM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vt dave View Post
Hi Joe,
That is extremely helpful. I will go look at the coach and see if I can find it. Do you remember what it looked like? Does it have a clear cover?
Thanks again
David

David, I crawled up in the bay and took a pic of the adjustment disc. It is mounted to the top of the equipment bay and is about 5-6 inches in diameter. There are four adjustment screws that go through the device, then through coil springs into the ceiling of the bay.

MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #11

Hi Dave, all the information about the Van cross bars are in the thread, http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/wand...my-124491.html
It's a long read but has a ton of great information about the RR8S suspension and how to make them handle extremely well.

Bert
Old 09-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
HWH leveling system

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
David, I crawled up in the bay and took a pic of the adjustment disc. It is mounted to the top of the equipment bay and is about 5-6 inches in diameter. There are four adjustment screws that go through the device, then through coil springs into the ceiling of the bay.

thank you for that Joe. Mine is a bit different. HWH finally called me back after 3 weeks, (I feel blessed that they even called back) I have a box with a clear cover in my cargo bay, (psss. side, large bay) can't miss it, big HWH logo on the side. Well this box, (or actually a stack of two boxes on top of each other) has an adjustment nut, with a screw in the nut as a secondary adjustment. (pictures attached) What I found however, is that this box it's self was lose from the ceiling on one side. So I tightened the screw clamps that hold it to the ceiling and I was good and level again. I had no need to fool with the adjustment nut. I hope this helps someone out there. I hate being out of level.....in many respects.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I solved the problem with my off level leveling system

HWH finally called me back after 3 weeks, (I feel blessed that they even called back) I have a box with a clear cover in my cargo bay, (psss. side, large bay) can't miss it, big HWH logo on the side. Well this box, (or actually a stack of two boxes on top of each other) has an adjustment nut, with a screw in the nut as a secondary adjustment. (pictures attached) What I found however, is that this box it's self was lose from the ceiling on one side. So I tightened the screw clamps that hold it to the ceiling and I was good and level again. I had no need to fool with the adjustment nut. I hope this helps someone out there. I hate being out of level.....in many respects.

I don't know how to post more than one picture so I may post a couple of times here.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club

Tags
leveling