Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2021, 03:52 PM   #1

Levelling System on 08 Camelot vs 17 Diplomat?

Hi everyone. Have had our 08 Camelot for a year and absolutely love it. Have an option to pickup a 2017 Diplomat which looks amazing original owner coach. Been trying to compare things but cannot seem to find out the leveling system.

Our 08 Camelot has air leveling system. Works like a dream. However the 17 Diplomat looks to be leveling jacks? Is that a downgrade from air? Looking for help and hate to make a bad decision
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max4Speed View Post
Hi everyone. Have had our 08 Camelot for a year and absolutely love it. Have an option to pickup a 2017 Diplomat which looks amazing original owner coach. Been trying to compare things but cannot seem to find out the leveling system.

Our 08 Camelot has air leveling system. Works like a dream. However the 17 Diplomat looks to be leveling jacks? Is that a downgrade from air? Looking for help and hate to make a bad decision
I can't help you on the leveling system, but going from a side radiator to a rear radiator would be a hard decision for me.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:51 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
I can’t imagine not having air leveling. Pull over for a nap and everything is level with one button. Wake put it in gear and away you go. No problems with jack not extending or retracting and depending on which system the active air in travel mode gives a nicer, flatter ride. I think the build and material qualities are much better with your current coach too. But that’s just my slightly biased opinion.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:59 PM   #4

I personally would take an 08 Camelot over a 2017 diplomate the 08 has a better chasie less EPA stuff on the motor as for the leveling air is better but wouldn't be a deal breaker. If you go for it contact me I might be interested in your Camelot
Old 11-24-2021, 05:03 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Air leveling also has the advantage of having the ability of raising the chassis several inches while moving slowly.
I use it often, boarding / unboarding ferries when there is a steep transition between ramp and ferry deck. I've also used it to creep over a highly raise railroad crossing, which I'm sure at 'minimum', would have ripped off my Aqua Hot exhaust pipe!
Old 11-24-2021, 06:23 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Both have good and bad I like my jacks pullover and one button I am level.

Also when I move in the coach no movement of the coach.

A buddy has air and has added some manual jacks because he did not like the sway in the wind.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Allied Specialty Vehicles (Rev Group) purchased Monaco in 2013. They moved all coach production to Indiana and shut down the Monaco facilities in Oregon. Current Monaco coaches from Rev Group only share the old Monaco names. The coach you are looking at is a rebadged Fleetwood and shares nothing with a legacy Diplomat or Camelot manufactured by Monaco Coach Corp.
To find out what leveling system it has, figure out which Fleetwood coach it really is and then look at the brochure.
Hope this helps.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:30 PM   #8
Travel Nurse Chauffeur

Monaco Owners Club
The cold hard truth is the 2017 is a Monaco in name only. It is basically a Fleetwood made by REV not Monaco Coach Corporation. Keep what you have.
vyndance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #9

Thanks everyone. It would be hard to switch considering my Camelot is super rare spec and that’s why I love this forum

Tags
diplomat