RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Question Location of TriMark Control Unit?

Is there anyone with a 2007 Diplomat or Endeavor who can tell me where to locate the TriMark electronic controller unit for the keyless entry system?

Thanks in advance.

Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Robin...I remembered reading about about this thread ..it may help if no one else "chimes" in!

(..I just could not resist .. "chime..ding ding ding")
OK..I am off to bed...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On my 06 endeavor it is it is behind the radio. It is just sitting on the shelf below the radio. Look for a small red led that indicates the unit is on. I think you would have to pull the panel that the radio is mounted to to really get to the unit but you may be able to reach in behind the dash and pull it out.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mama,

I saw that thread but was hoping for a more definitive fix on the location before I went searching. I may resort to ronboc's nighttime search idea.

itdave,

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure I'll find mine somewhere back there, but I may have to remove that front panel, like you suggest, before I can work on it.

After checking out the TriMark web site, I was toying with the idea of adding a number keypad to the system. If the cost is not too prohibitive, maybe I'll even add one of those nifty lighted grab bars with the keypad built in, like the Sigs have. I was also thinking about designing a small relay circuit that would prevent the engine from starting when the TriMark system is "armed". That would qualify the coach for a "passive theft system discount" on the insurance. Wouldn't be hard to do - just interrupt the neutral trigger signal from the transmission pad somewhere between the pad and the "Neutral Start" relay in the front run bay.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Robin,
Look under the opening on the top of your dash, in front of the steering wheel. There are two pop off screw head caps. The Trimark box on mine was/is just sitting loosely on top of a bunch of wires. And yes, look for a little red light. I was able to pull the whole box out with the wires still attached. Good luck.
Tom
Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #6

Look under the passenger side console ,next to the passenger seat. Remove the cup holder if you have one there,and take a look. Trimark used two types, one is a keyless entry only, the other is keyless,with security. Those cool grab bars won't just plug in to the system,you will need help from trimark, and they are not waterproof!!Just water resistant. good luck
jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
Look under the passenger side console ,next to the passenger seat. Remove the cup holder if you have one there,and take a look. Trimark used two types, one is a keyless entry only, the other is keyless,with security. Those cool grab bars won't just plug in to the system,you will need help from trimark, and they are not waterproof!!Just water resistant. good luck
Jethro,

You are correct in that there are differenent systems. That's why I want to find out which system I have. Although all of their systems are capable of much more than what Monaco installed at the Diplomat level. If you read the specs, most systems have an engine start cut-out feature and most will take a keypad.

Tom,

I haven't been out to the coach yet, but it sure would be nice to find the module accessable via the top dash hatch. I doubt I'll find it there, however, as I have identifed most everything that can be seen through that hatch.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Robin,
I have my coach parked out front tonight and went out and looked. If you pull the radio and turn out the lights, lock the coach with the key fob, you will see a blinking red light far beneath all of the wiring in the dash, behind and below the radio. The blinking LED is attached to the TriMark control unit , which is even further under the wiring bundles.

I forsee a small hole drilled in my dash, between the windshield and the curtains, where I will mount the LED for all the bad guys to see. I am mystified as to why Monaco left it wrapped up under the dash.

Luke
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:30 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Robin,

We have the same dash and mine was behind the panel that has the heat/ac controls. It was sitting on top of the wood cabinet for the two drawers.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:35 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa View Post
I foresee a small hole drilled in my dash, between the windshield and the curtains, where I will mount the LED for all the bad guys to see. I am mystified as to why Monaco left it wrapped up under the dash.
Luke & Bob,

Thanks for looking, guys. I really appreciate that. I'm still tied to a desk every day , or I'd have found it by now. I'll be on it this weekend though. I'm anxious to find out which of the TriMark control units we actually have.

What prompted all this is that I renewed my coach insurance the other day. I got some nice credits for Suzanne doing the Monaco driver's course last year and our both taking the RVSEF safety course at the FMCA convention in March. I could have gotten another credit if the coach had an anti-theft system that disabled engine starting. After I renewed, I got to thinking... "Why shouldn't a $200,000 vehicle have the same anti-theft protection that are on all cars today?" I did a little reading on the net about aftermarket anti-theft systems and found that most better ones are tied to a remote door lock system. Aha, I've got one of those already.

Then I found your thread, Bob, from 2007, which prompted me to do some research on the TriMark web site. You have access to all the technical docs for their systems, if you log on. What I found is that all of their current electronic systems have anti-theft features and more. Monaco just never utilized them. (The blinking red light would seem to confirm that, at first glance.)

So now, I've got a new project.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #11

Mine is laying on the floor inside the center drawer and cup holder(below my radio) in my 06 Endeavor. I took out the drawer and was able to see it rather well.

Ed
Old 05-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
We have the same dash and mine was behind the panel that has the heat/ac controls. It was sitting on top of the wood cabinet for the two drawers.

Bob
Thanks, Bob. I unscrewed that panel and it was right there, easy to reach. I have the 2005/2006 version of the control module with no I/O module attached. However it does have the following features...
  • 10-pin harness connection for alarm features. Of course the harness is not there in the Diplomat, but it could be purchased.
  • An output that would activate with the star button on the key fob. This output has an internal 12A relay. Could be used for a number of functions.
  • An output to operate various vehicle lights in conjunction with the key fob. This has another internal 12A relay. (In my coach this is connected to the parking lights.)
  • A button that can be used to lock/unlock door from the driver's seat and to program key fobs.
  • An output for a siren. Activates with alarm. Requires external relay.
  • A set of 40A lugs that you can use to kill the starter if an alarm is triggered. (Requires alarm harness and door trigger switch.)
  • A set of 5 dip switches that can be used to alter how some of the above functions work.
Not sure how useful the alarm features would actually be in a coach without electric cargo locks. May be a bit of overkill when vehicle has only one door with a dead-bolt on it. I may, however, hook my porch and step lights up to the light output via a separate relay, and possibly an internal light. That would be useful. And I'm going to install that button somewhere within reach of the driver, so as to be able to lock/unlock the entry door from the driver's seat. And I may think about a creative use for the star button on the key fob - just because it's there. (Ideas welcome. )

Lastly, I'm still thinking about adding the TriMark external keypad pictured below. Would be relatively easy to do.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Here are manuals for the TriMark e-Fob Keyless Entry/Alarm system that is installed in 2006 and many 2007 Diplomats/Endoeavors and similar Monaco coaches.2008 and later models have the newer 500 series systems installed. Manuals for these, and also higher end coaches, can be found here on the TriMark web site.