Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Look what I found in Dad's tool box !

A propane quick connect...

Didn't know I had one...
just happened to glance up and discovered it and
the sunsaver duo box above it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-28 016.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	120104   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-28 019.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	120105  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-28 017.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	120106  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2016, 07:01 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ya got me there. I was thinking maybe an old copy of PlayBoy magazine.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #3

Nice maybe I have a quick connect?
Old 02-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
RT - funny !
10B - yep, there's so many cubby holes in this thing, still finding stuff

And another first today...

Been trying to see if I had AGS setup properly and never knew if I did...
it started up on it's own today and I was there to see it - Yippee !

So now I know when the batteries get to 12.2 it will recharge !!!

Guess I'll never get to see if the Bay heater I had swapped out works though...
it was 83 degrees here today !!!
Old 03-01-2016, 04:38 AM   #5

How did you test your AGS? You have to be connect to shore power?
Old 03-01-2016, 07:29 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have to admit it took a while for the conditions to be right...
I basically set it to come on at the lowest temp and the highest voltage so it would trigger the genny...

It came on after I had it parked for two days without shore power and had been going in and out using the electric slides, etc... It came on because the battery voltage got to the set point of 12.2V.

Now I know why they say turn off ags when working on it - scared the peepee out of me when it fired up !

AGS info starts on page 173 of my manual:

AGS Menu:
Press the AGS button on the remote to access the AGS menu. Rotate the Select knob to scroll through menu options and press the knob to enter a specific menu and make selections.
Pressing the knob to set a function is indicated by an arrow next to the selection indicating the function is set or enabled. Press the AGS button at any time to return to the main AGS menu. AGS Menu options are labeled 01 through 08.
01. AGS Control: Rotate the knob to scroll through Off, Enable, Test, or Enable w/Quiet Time.
02. AGS Status: View current AGS status. Indicates what feature started the generator.
03. Run Time Hours: Choose generator run time duration from .5 to 6 hours.
04. Start Temp F: Select the interior temperature for Auto Temp Start (ATS). Be sure to select External Input as an interior temperature sensor is used for this feature. Start temp range is 65°-95° F. AGS Controller: Located in the exterior front electrical compartment.
05. Start Volts: Sets voltage at which the generator starts based on house battery voltage. Settings are 10-12.2 Volts DC. Default setting is 11.0 Volts DC. If AGS is enabled, the generator will start when house battery voltage drops to 11.0 Volts DC.
NOTE:
The house batteries supply power to start the generator.
06. Set Time: Set the 12 hour clock on the remote. The clock will need to be reset should power to the remote be disconnected.
07. Quiet Time: Choose from a preset list of quiet time hours during which the AGS will not allow the generator to start. This function is only active when the AGS Control (menu option 1) is set to Enable w/Quiet Time.
08. AGS Tech: Used by service personnel
for troubleshooting.

AGS Programming
The clock must be set and the AGS feature enabled before the generator will start based on voltage. The default run time is two hours. Default start voltage is 11.0 Volts DC.

Programming AGS:
1. Press the AGS button on the inverter
remote.
2.Rotate knob to menu 06, Set Time.
3. Press knob to enter Set Time menu. Rotate knob to set hour of day, press to set. Press then rotate knob to set minutes, press to set. Press then rotate knob to set AM or PM, press to set.
4. Press the AGS button on the inverter remote. Rotate knob clockwise to Enable then press knob to set Enable or continue rotating to Enable w/Quiet Time. If enabled with Quiet Time, select the pre-programmed quiet time hours from AGS menu 07. The clock can also be set if Quiet Time is enabled from this menu.

The generator is now programmed to start when house battery voltage drops to 11.0 Volts DC then run for two hours. Start voltage and run time can be changed to suit needs. Remember
to disable the AGS feature when performing service or placing the motorhome in storage.

Warning:
Disable AGS when performing service or when storing the motorhome. The generator produces high voltage and combustion gases during operation.

ATS Programming
The clock must be set and the AGS feature enabled before Automatic Temperature Start is enabled. The default start temperature is 75° F. Default run time is two hours. If after two hours, interior temperature is above default start temperature, the generator will continue to operate for another scheduled run time.
Preset the temperature on the roof air conditioner so when the generator starts, the roof air conditioner will begin cooling.

Programming ATS:
1. Press the AGS button on the inverter remote. Rotate knob to menu 04, Start Temp.
2. Press knob to enter Start Temp. Rotate knob to Ext Temp then press. The remote is now programmed to use the internal temperature sensor.
3. Rotate knob to select the desired start temperature (65°-95° F.) then press knob to select.

Disabling AGS/ATS
1. Press the AGS button on the inverter remote.
2. Rotate knob counterclockwise to Off then press knob.
The AGS feature is now disabled.

Hope this helps, it was 3 night classes before I followed it all

PM me if I can help and we can talk it through now that I'm an ex-spurt !
Old 03-01-2016, 08:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I have to admit it took a while for the conditions to be right...
I basically set it to come on at the lowest temp and the highest voltage so it would trigger the genny...

It came on after I had it parked for two days without shore power and had been going in and out using the electric slides, etc... It came on because the battery voltage got to the set point of 12.2V.

Now I know why they say turn off ags when working on it - scared the peepee out of me when it fired up !

AGS info starts on page 173 of my manual:

AGS Menu:
Press the AGS button on the remote to access the AGS menu. Rotate the Select knob to scroll through menu options and press the knob to enter a specific menu and make selections.
Pressing the knob to set a function is indicated by an arrow next to the selection indicating the function is set or enabled. Press the AGS button at any time to return to the main AGS menu. AGS Menu options are labeled 01 through 08.
01. AGS Control: Rotate the knob to scroll through Off, Enable, Test, or Enable w/Quiet Time.
02. AGS Status: View current AGS status. Indicates what feature started the generator.
03. Run Time Hours: Choose generator run time duration from .5 to 6 hours.
04. Start Temp F: Select the interior temperature for Auto Temp Start (ATS). Be sure to select External Input as an interior temperature sensor is used for this feature. Start temp range is 65°-95° F. AGS Controller: Located in the exterior front electrical compartment.
05. Start Volts: Sets voltage at which the generator starts based on house battery voltage. Settings are 10-12.2 Volts DC. Default setting is 11.0 Volts DC. If AGS is enabled, the generator will start when house battery voltage drops to 11.0 Volts DC.
NOTE:
The house batteries supply power to start the generator.
06. Set Time: Set the 12 hour clock on the remote. The clock will need to be reset should power to the remote be disconnected.
07. Quiet Time: Choose from a preset list of quiet time hours during which the AGS will not allow the generator to start. This function is only active when the AGS Control (menu option 1) is set to Enable w/Quiet Time.
08. AGS Tech: Used by service personnel
for troubleshooting.

AGS Programming
The clock must be set and the AGS feature enabled before the generator will start based on voltage. The default run time is two hours. Default start voltage is 11.0 Volts DC.

Programming AGS:
1. Press the AGS button on the inverter
remote.
2.Rotate knob to menu 06, Set Time.
3. Press knob to enter Set Time menu. Rotate knob to set hour of day, press to set. Press then rotate knob to set minutes, press to set. Press then rotate knob to set AM or PM, press to set.
4. Press the AGS button on the inverter remote. Rotate knob clockwise to Enable then press knob to set Enable or continue rotating to Enable w/Quiet Time. If enabled with Quiet Time, select the pre-programmed quiet time hours from AGS menu 07. The clock can also be set if Quiet Time is enabled from this menu.

The generator is now programmed to start when house battery voltage drops to 11.0 Volts DC then run for two hours. Start voltage and run time can be changed to suit needs. Remember
to disable the AGS feature when performing service or placing the motorhome in storage.

Warning:
Disable AGS when performing service or when storing the motorhome. The generator produces high voltage and combustion gases during operation.

ATS Programming
The clock must be set and the AGS feature enabled before Automatic Temperature Start is enabled. The default start temperature is 75° F. Default run time is two hours. If after two hours, interior temperature is above default start temperature, the generator will continue to operate for another scheduled run time.
Preset the temperature on the roof air conditioner so when the generator starts, the roof air conditioner will begin cooling.

Programming ATS:
1. Press the AGS button on the inverter remote. Rotate knob to menu 04, Start Temp.
2. Press knob to enter Start Temp. Rotate knob to Ext Temp then press. The remote is now programmed to use the internal temperature sensor.
3. Rotate knob to select the desired start temperature (65°-95° F.) then press knob to select.

Disabling AGS/ATS
1. Press the AGS button on the inverter remote.
2. Rotate knob counterclockwise to Off then press knob.
The AGS feature is now disabled.

Hope this helps, it was 3 night classes before I followed it all

PM me if I can help and we can talk it through now that I'm an ex-spurt !

JBT appreciate your onsite and sharing. Makes sense. I think I will use default for testing.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:36 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
one thing is to make sure the amp hr's is set correctly for YOUR batteries, so the charger knows how to charge them - Mine wasn't set right - why I lost 4 expensive L-16 monster batteries !
Old 03-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
one thing is to make sure the amp hr's is set correctly for YOUR batteries, so the charger knows how to charge them - Mine wasn't set right - why I lost 4 expensive L-16 monster batteries !

Where and how do you check the amp hours on your unit, good info on the AGS
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:36 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
get the amp hours for YOUR batteries and it's in the settings/setup somewhere

Sorry have to download and search through the online manual tomorrow
(I forgot where it was :( )
--- this may help