RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2020, 10:18 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Looking at 2001 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR 36PWD

Hi guys!
In the process of making an upgrade in our MH department.
Was probably going to stick with another F53 V10, but came across a pretty nice looking 2001 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ENDEAVOR 36PWD that I was thinking of checking out.
Roadmaster Raised Rail, air suspension Chassis. Powered by fuel injected, turbocharged 330 HP Cummins ISC diesel pusher engine and 6-speed automatic Allison MH3000 transmission.
43,700 miles.

Never had a diesel, but heard once you drive one you won't go back to gas.
Also heard there's more involved in maintenance though.

Any comments/opinions/suggestions on this model much appreciated!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2020, 10:53 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler

Good motor homes but look under slide outs and make sure it is not soft as some had water intrusion at the edge of wall and bottom of the slide. Look at Talin Manufacturing Guardian Plate webb site for a video.
timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:10 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Nautique, one recommendation I would make is to have Cummins or a truck shop/mobile mechanic put the engine and transmission on the computer to see if any codes show up. I bought a 2001 Diplomat with 40,000 miles and when in the higher 40's had to replace Caps fuel system while on vacation. When I had them put it on the computer it show the stop engine code had been thrown 70 times however only 3 or 4 for me. Otherwise no engine/trans issues for me and at 87'000 miles now. Only thing I would have done differently and I bought mine on Ebay. Good luck, Don.
DiplomatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:00 PM   #4

have the engine checked out. you can't hardly beat the 330 ISC in the older motorhomes.. ours has been great in an 04 Endevour. if its a rear radiator have it checked out.. get a lot of debri in them. wash regular to keep running cool.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Nice job on the new TV. Hopefully someone added a rubber hose to the engine breather so the oil has not plugged the radiator. ISC is a good engine but check if the lift pump has been replaced... known to leak because of the ULSD fuel...$400 plus labor. Diesels are not that expensive...15K mile oil changes (not every year), probably 8-9 mpg at 60-65. Price looks good if it has fairly new tires...less than 3-4 years old.
Check what’s under the refrigerator, hopefully a drawer so you can put in a residential refrigerator which is taller than the NoCold 1200. And yes, once you’ve had a diesel you will not go back to a gasser.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:01 PM   #6

we toured Alaska from Vancouver with our friends in their 2001 Endeavour 5 years ago for 7 weeks
we got a consistent 16mpg over the trip (towing a Colorado)
great MH, nothing to complain about

mark

my friend was meticulous about maintenance
he also upgraded the turbo
Mkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:28 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
16mpg, not possible unless you drive 40 mph but 16 km is possible as that’s 10mpg.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:35 PM   #8

I can say that my friend and I are very technical. He had a laptop connected to the canbus, monitoring all the functions. We definitely got 16 mpg. That is a Canadian gallon.
We drove 8000km at the speed limit, or slower as the roads allowed
Mkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:38 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
The Imperial gallon gets it down to 13 m/US gallon... still only possible by many miles at slower speeds. I agree that rig’s weight is low enough to get better MPG than most rigs. My point in questioning the 16 is that the OP should not plan on getting more than 10 in calculating the cost of a DP over his gas rig that probably gets 6 mpg.

Tags
endeavor, holiday rambler