Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2021, 03:41 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Dont walk, Run
How do you know? Do you own one?
Well we own one since 2013 put 55 thousand trouble free miles on it. How about that? People hear something from someone who has know idea about the engine itself but they bashing it.
ervinglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2021, 07:04 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I bought a used 2012 Diplomat with the Maxxforce 10 in 2017. The only problem I’ve had with the engine was replacing the ACM (after treatment control module). It was an intermittent problem that did not affect drive ability or mileage - just a persistent alarm.

Overall, I am happy with the MF10. Quite frankly I am tired of hearing people bad mouth the engine only to find out they never owned one. As mentioned previously, the MF13 did have some problems.
Dandick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:26 PM   #17

If you check nada there can be $9000 retail difference between 2 units with the same list price. Of course a dealer will ask the same price. I would bet that many dealers will take a maxforce in trade and quickly send it to the auction.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:56 PM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to rwdrummer
We own a 2011 Monaco Knight 40PBQ and I’m gonna tell you straight. The MaxForce 10 is a great engine and no DEF required 😃. As for the idling, we have been backed up for 30 minutes due to a crash and roadwork and I haven’t had any problems with that. Come on now! It’s an International so tell me it can’t tote the mail. I change the oil and filters every 6k miles because we are full time traveling. And you get a Roadmaster RR8R Chassis. Our last coach had Cummins and was fine but we like the MaxForce cause it likes to work! Enough said.
Enjoy!
Old 07-06-2021, 09:02 PM   #19

You are wrong about that!
Old 07-06-2021, 09:04 PM   #20

We own it and love it! Workhorse it is. Like it better than my old Cummins.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:12 PM   #21

How often did you change oil, filters, radiator service?
Did the unit sit and get used every now and then?
A little to late for catching up on improving the coach!
Old 07-06-2021, 09:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
I would pass. Too many problems with the maxforce.
How do you know?
rwdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:18 PM   #23

We love our MF10!
Keep on Keepin on!
Old 07-08-2021, 10:04 AM   #24

One year ago we purchased our 2012 Knight DFT with the Maxforce 10. It had 23,000 miles on it. We’ve added another 4,000 miles. We’re full time and have been happy with the choice we made. This first year we’ve experienced the following issues. Cab Air conditioner compressor locked up throwing belts replaced them. New tires, New batteries. JoSams put on new power steering pump and TRW steering gear box. This was to correct wandering steering. Washing machine had to be replaced. The rear, third AC hasn’t worked since we purchased it but has been cooling adequately. These are hard to find. Even with these expenses we’ve been satisfied that we choose the Monaco.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:16 AM   #25

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have a 2013 HR Ambassador 40DFT with Max 10. For me it's a little under powered when climbing hills. if you're not in California like I am, my understanding is they can crank up the power. We've had several problems that were expensive to repair. One being an EGR replacement and the other being the engine exhaust brake. I spent approximately 4k resolving these two issues and lost the use of my coach for a couple of months. If you do decide to purchase or if my response is too late and as stated in another response, don't idle for long periods and when driving in slow moving traffic I use lower gears to keep my RPM's up otherwise I'll start getting regeneration warning light.
Hope this helps. As you can tell, there are different experiences with this engine.
eddie0 is offline   Reply With Quote