Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2022, 08:41 AM   #1

Looking for 2003 Knight Air Suspensions

Hello,

i'm Holger from Germany and i am owner of a Monaco Knight 2002 (model year 2003) 38' with Cummins 8.3 diesel and RR4R Roadmaster chassis.

After 20 years i need new air suspensions for front and back.

But in europe are no dealers for this and i have no part numbers.

Can anyone help me?

Holger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220911_111242-klein.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	377378  
holgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2022, 10:09 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I assume you are speaking of the air bags? If so, you will need to remove one of them to see the part no. on top of the air bag plate. You may be able to see it with a mirror and a flash light. Then try and find a Firestone Dealer on the NET. Maybe you will be able to order the type you need. Good luck.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:31 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You can contact Veurink's RV with your VIN # and they will know what bags you need:
https://www.veurinksrv.com/we-provid...xparts_request
They will respond with their part number but they are probably 2x the cost of air bags in other places like Michigan Truck Spring - https://www.truckspring.com/ or SDTruckSpring.com.

But once you have the Veurink's part #, you can backtrace that to a Firestone # or whatever bags you may have now. Then go to a local truck parts store. Or maybe the above suggestions ship overseas.

If that does not work, check back here.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:06 AM   #4

Hello,
thank's for your comment.
I will try it first at Veurink's RV.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:21 PM   #5
Ali

Monaco Owners Club
Hallo Holger

Guten Tag. Wie geht es Ihnen? Das ist ein schönes Wohnmobil!

Well that's pretty much the limits of my German and I must admit I needed to do a google search for wohnmobil

First of all, nice looking Knight you've got there. Beautiful paint job and mirror conversion. Are these Volvo bus side mirrors by any chance? Please feel free to share any more photos of your Monaco Knight.

In regards to suspension airbags (aka air springs), these are the bags Monaco used in early 2000s and yours might be one of them. Like lowflyer1 and mutt suggested, you might want to use a flashlight and check it yourself to confirm the exact model:
  1. W01-358-9376; 9.12" WIDE BAG
  2. W01-358-5319; 6.62" WIDE BAG
  3. W01-358-9651; 7.75" WIDE BAG
  4. W01-358-6905; CONVOLUTED BAG

Also these folks might be able to help you find replacement models for firestone air springs: https://www.dt-spareparts.com/

and while you're on the Internet, have a look at these super nice Euro RVs: https://youtu.be/yeOWfSyZW4k
Old 09-28-2022, 04:37 PM   #6
Ali

Monaco Owners Club
Does anyone know how Monaco RVs ended up in Europe? Were they exported back in the day brand new or somehow found their way to Europe as used motorhomes?
Old 09-29-2022, 09:22 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I had an air bag split on me. Had to use road service to find one and get it replaced. When the old damaged bag was being replaced I saw the number on top of the bag and used that to order two extra ones for on-the-road back up. Ordered them form Michigan Truck as I recall. quick shipment and priced reasonably. However, that was before Covid hit. Good luck with yours.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:28 AM   #8

Thank you Ali for the infomation.

I have ask dt-sparparts, but the can't get this bags.
The cross reverence is Conti. It's here in germany, but they only produce this in US.

About your wish, here are some photos from my rv and places in germany.
https://www.irv2.com/photopost/showg...251195&cat=500

My Knight were buy new in us and was shipped to uk. After 13 years it goes to the nederlands and since 2020 it is here in germany.
The tax in nederland are very high ($5000/Year), in germany i paid $900/year.

In germany many things must change, so completly the lpg gas tank, stove and hoses. All cars must have parking lights and fog lights.
After 2014 no rv gets a permit in germany, because the engines don't have a european certificate.

Because my rv have no particle filter, it ist not allowed to drive into many cities.
But if the rv is over 30 years, i can get a historic plate, and then it is allowed again.

The mirrors were installed from the pre owner, i don't know from witch car they are.

Greetings Holger
Old 10-11-2022, 05:27 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by holgi View Post
Thank you Ali for the infomation.

I have ask dt-sparparts, but the can't get this bags.
The cross reverence is Conti. It's here in germany, but they only produce this in US.

About your wish, here are some photos from my rv and places in germany.
https://www.irv2.com/photopost/showg...251195&cat=500

My Knight were buy new in us and was shipped to uk. After 13 years it goes to the nederlands and since 2020 it is here in germany.
The tax in nederland are very high ($5000/Year), in germany i paid $900/year.

In germany many things must change, so completly the lpg gas tank, stove and hoses. All cars must have parking lights and fog lights.
After 2014 no rv gets a permit in germany, because the engines don't have a european certificate.

Because my rv have no particle filter, it ist not allowed to drive into many cities.
But if the rv is over 30 years, i can get a historic plate, and then it is allowed again.

The mirrors were installed from the pre owner, i don't know from witch car they are.

Greetings Holger
Thanks for the pictures. Great paint and graphics. I really like the interior layout you have and the recliner on wheels. Looks very comfortable. I bet you get lots of attention.

Greg

Tags
air, suspension