Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #1

Looking for info on 2007 Holiday Rambler Scepter

Hi all, We just bought a 2007 Holiday Rambler Scepter (42PDQ model) that had a fire in it. We are trying to repair it and need a wiring diagram or any info at all on this model as we have none and are really wanting to get this unit fixed up and on the road. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thank You all.
2007 Scepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #2

I have the wiring diagrams for 06. It includes the 06 Scepter. If you want it send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you. Its in a PDF. I went to Kinkos and had them printed on 24 x 36. I have them rolled up in a tube under the bed.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
I just ordered wiring diagrams in book form from Monaco for my 2007 HR Scepter 42' PDQ. They have it available through parts department as 2007 Camelot/Scepter Electrical Wiring. Contact the parts department at 877-466-6226. Cost is $50. Takes about 3 weeks for printing and shipping. Got the Scepter in July 2011 and came with every manual except wiring info. Hope this helps.
CFXCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #4

Hi CFXCH I called them and they said they have a owners manual for $50 but that is all that they have for this model. Is it actually the owners manual with wiring info in the book that you have?

Thank you for your assistance.

Shawn
2007 Scepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Shawn

I don't have the book yet. They (Tech Support and Parts department) assured me it was the wiring diagrams only. I won't get it for about 3 weeks but when I do I will post the results. Could scan the diagrams in .pdf format and make it available on this forum.

Cheers

Gerrit

Old 10-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #6

Thanks CFXCH, Im hoping ours is the wiring diagram too and the manual but I guess we will see when it comes in. The tech just laughed and said good luck when I asked about the wiring diagram. Let me know when you get yours in and if its the right thing.

Thanks again.

Have a Good Day.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 Scepter View Post
Thanks CFXCH, Im hoping ours is the wiring diagram too and the manual but I guess we will see when it comes in. The tech just laughed and said good luck when I asked about the wiring diagram. Let me know when you get yours in and if its the right thing.

Thanks again.

Have a Good Day.
The manual itself is worth ordering. It has lots of valuable information. As for the wiring diagram, mine has it in the very end portion of the manual folded up. They are laughing because it's hard to make heads or tails of the diagram, and it is very difficult to read. If you have patience, and possibly even balloon up the diagram, you may be able to make use of it. Not sure if your year manual will be as useful as mine. I know it was worth it for me. Good luck
Old 10-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
YC1

I have an 08 HR Endeavor 40 skq. The diagrams are likely very close for most major components. If you don't come up with something contact me and I will copy a wealth of information onto a cd for you. I actually bought a CD that had the wiring schematics. When Monaco died their parts site was open for a while and I was able to download a tremendous amount of information on my model that could be useful.

How about some pictures of the fire damage? That would help me decide if my stuff is useful.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #9

Hi All! The 2007 Scepter Owners Manual book came in today. It didnt have any wiring diagrams in it at all. The manual does have a lot of helpful info in it though for someone who has never owned an rv before. Im thinking about scanning it and putting it in pdf format as I Just recently bought a Neat Scanner and need to put it to work. That and I know the guys around here will get there dirty little paw prints all over the original manual as soon as they can.

Thanks everyone for there assistance with our project. Im going to be loading up pictures as soon as I can.

Lori K
Old 10-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #10

Hey, anyone wants to check out the pictures of the slow going restoration project. Please go to Pictures by si-liquidators - Photobucket

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I just looked at your pictures and I must say, your a brave man. Best of luck to you on the renovations, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. BTW, what caused the fire....Bruce
Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Shawn

I received the 2007 Camelot/Scepter Wiring Diagram binder today from Monaco. 90 pages of detailed wiring diagrams. Looks like I better get an electrical contractor licence next.(grin)

Gerrrit (CFXCH)

Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #13

Hey Bruce, Yes, Brave, Very Brave. But after its all said and done, I will have a really nice RV for 1/2 the price. It only had 24000 miles on it. The engine is in pristine condition. Purrs like a kitten. These had a faulty refrigerator in them. This is one of the units that started the recall on the issues with the refrigerator. We pretty much have it gutted now and most areas you cant tell there was a fire. We have some special cleaning stuff that is supposed to take away all the burnt smell. We are going to scrub it and power wash it next. Big Job, going to take some time to do, as we are also putting a new building up at our business. So we have many projects going on right now but hopefully by summer time next year, We will be done and ready to roll.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #14

Hi Gerrrit (CFXCH)

I know what you mean about the electrical contractor. Every time I look at how many wires are in bundles after bundles, I sorta cringe. Just looking at the dash board wires makes me want to run sometimes. LOL But its a challenge Im willing to take on. I finally got ahold of someone at Monoco and got to order the wiring diagram too. I guess its just all who you talk to there to get the right assistance that you need. We have had some really great people from the forun offer some great help too. I want to thank everyone for there assistance and generosity with info about this rv. Kellyn Erickson from Monoco got us a build list with all the parts that they origianlly put in this bad boy. So we are going to look over it and see what all we need to order. But of course. the first fun part is going to be getting all the wiring back to original status. Any volunteers are more than welcome! : )