Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #15

Until so.etime in 2008 (probably late 2008) the multiplex system was by Intellitec. Our 08 Dynasty has thay system. It is a house systems only system. Works great. The Konsburg system is a house and chassis system . It is NOT supported. Somewhere there is a fellow that built a replacement. Personally I would not buy a coach with that system. I have not seen one up close but if you open the door to the front run bay the Intellitec will have their name on the boards. You will also see a smart wheel controller box. Only Dynasty and above had a Multiplex system. If I am wrong on that Tom Cherry will chastise me!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2022, 05:10 PM   #16

I think the poor dead horse has been beaten pretty well on the DPF/DEF... but personally I'd avoid both of them. Anything designed to squirt expensive diesel fuel down the exhaust pipe is ridiculous. I call the DPF a soot cooker, because that is what it is... LOL.
JimWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:20 PM   #17

Jim WW. You do realize that your choice prevents you from buying anything built after 2008. That is 14 years ago. Most people are not wanting to go too old. Especially those that do not have mechanical ability. I think the correct term is Ludite. There are many things us old guys do not like but eventually one comes around. I do agree that many of the new units have too much electronics that can become obsolete and turn your unit into a brick As well the quality has become poor.. I think that is why the OP is looking at those years. Also remember that many of the older units have parts that are obsolete: disc brake parts and even old drums are hard to find. Same for some suspension parts. If the old unit has slides the mechanical parts as well as seals can be made of nontitanium.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:44 AM   #18

Yeppers... I do realize the year limitations of my thought process. I currently have a 1995 model Dynasty and I'm looking to "upgrade" at some point. Really the only reason I'm considering getting a newer coach is because of the invention of slide outs. They make it so much more roomy inside. Only being 14 years old is a positive. HaHa. I am a guy that likes to work on things... my usual phrase regarding a motor home is that the only thing that works 100% of the time is the owner. I'm hoping I have another 10-15 years where I'll be able to drive and work on the coach and then really expect there to be very little residual value left. Being a numbers guy, I can't see putting the dollars into a newer year depreciating asset that appears it is going to be outlawed by the solar and wind crowd anyway.
JimWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase