RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to KenS
My drivers side mirror on my 2006 HR Neptune was also loose and from the link provided earlier, I scanned the one page that shows how the mirror is secured to the coach.
Note screw #6. Removing it will permit lifting up the assembly and providing access to the 4 screws.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirror Mounting Drawing.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	16424  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #16

Some people make a mountain out of a mole hill!!!!!
1)take plastic round cap off of the under arm 2) unscrew long bolt going up to arm of mirror about 1/4" take and use punch to hit bolt upwards with hammer that will take the mirror arm out of taper hole, also have someone else hold onto the mirror arm and mirror so not to hit ground 3) unscew the rest of the bolt 4) unplug mirror arm from wiring 5) take cover that is against the motorhome and slide it off-upwards 6) tighten up the four screws that hold plate onto RV 7) reverse process---All Done
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Somtimes it is a mountain. I couldn't break the tapered post loose no matter how hard I hit the bolt to pop it loose. I ended up drilling holes where I thought the four screws that hold it on the MH to get it off. When off I had to soak it with PB blaster for a day to break it loose. If you get yours off make sure you coat that taper shaft with neverseize before putting it back together.
bborc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I had to loosen and move my mirrors out of the way so the windshield could be replaced. I took off the plastic cap, loosened the bolt and tried to turn the mirror arm, but it wouldn't budge. I then grabbed the arm way out at the mirror end and lifted it slightly and bingo it came lose without hesitation. I lifted it which showed a keyway that drops into a matching slot and I could easily lift it up slightly and turn it. Although I didn't completely remove it, it wouldn't have been any problem to do so.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #19

Send a message via Skype™ to KenS
To my surprise, the drawing I posted turned out not to be the mirror on my coach after all.
After studying my mirror, I discovered that removing the assembly was rather simple. A 9/16" socket to remove the bolt in the center of the mounting fixture was the ticket, then unplugged the electrical connector and the mirror was off. This allowed me to slip the chrome cover off the mounting fixture and revealed the 4 screws securing the mount to the fiberglass.
Was I shocked to find plastic wall anchors in the fiberglass and BIG sheet metal screws holding the mirror on. No wonder it was loose!
I attempted to look inside, under the dash for the holes but could not locate them. Luckily, when I climbed my ladder and looked through the hole the wiring protruded through, I saw daylight and the ground? I opened the front generator door and looked up and bingo, there were the 4 holes.
I took a trip to the hardware store to purchase 4 1/4 x 20 by 3" machine screws, fender washers and nylock nuts to remount the mirror. After drilling out the holes to remove what was left of the plastic anchors, I simply pushed the 4 new screws through, added the fender washers behind and then the nuts for a very secure mounting of the fixture.
Then I simply slid the chrome cover over the fixture, reconnected the wiring harness, slid the mirror arm down into the fixture and reinserted the bolt from below. Now the mirror is rock solid. I'm lucky the thing didn't fall off!
Attached are pictures for a reference.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mirror Removed.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	16518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixture Mounted Top.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	309.8 KB
ID:	16519  

Name:	Mounting Fixture.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	16520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Mount View.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	16521  

Name:	Mirror Securing Bolt.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	16522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirror Secured.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	16523  

Old 01-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #20
gg

Workhorse Chassis Owner
JimM68,

The mirror mfg is Ramco, I have the same loose mirror with a camera on my 09 - chrome plastic head with black krinkel paint on the metal arms/plastic black cover.

Removed the plastic plug and loosened the 9/16 head bolt. Frozen in place, using pb blaster on it and let is set a couple of days.

Ramco has no repair info online that I could find.