Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2008, 04:47 AM   #1

I have an 07 Diplomat 40 PDQ. All of a sudden I lost 12 volt power to the flourescent light over the kitchen sink. Every other 12 volt item in the coach works. Fuses all check OK. The fuse marked "Galley" is good and when I pull it the big light on ceiling goes out. I assume both these lights should be on the same fuse? Any one else have this problem? Any idea where the wire comes from?
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2008, 04:47 AM   #2

I have an 07 Diplomat 40 PDQ. All of a sudden I lost 12 volt power to the flourescent light over the kitchen sink. Every other 12 volt item in the coach works. Fuses all check OK. The fuse marked "Galley" is good and when I pull it the big light on ceiling goes out. I assume both these lights should be on the same fuse? Any one else have this problem? Any idea where the wire comes from?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I wonder if the light has a bad generator? I've had good service from both Demontrond RV on I-45 South and was referred by Monaco to RV Masters on I-10. RV Masters adjusted my full roadside slide and repaired the florescent hallway light that was broken by the slide.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #4

Thanks Bud but the light has no 12 Volt power coming to it. The light is OK. It looks like the wiring harnes goes down thru the slide out along with all the plumbing etc. I suspect it has got cut or disconnected somewhere but I can't see where.

This is the most serious problem I have had with this coach in 25 months and 26000 miles. These Monoco's just don't hold up do they LOL.

I was just hopeing someone else has fought this problem out.I emailed Monaco Tech and no response yet.

We are currently in Chatt, TN headed for the first "iRV2 Chatters" rally (formarally "RV America Chatters" before they dumped our chat room) in Sevierville, TN.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #5

is that a single light fixture? What I mean is it controlled alone with a switch ? If so, then try checking for voltage at the switch that controls it, as the other lights in the ceiling I believe are supplied voltage from one tap.

2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG TT 2011 F150 puller
Lennyzx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Arby;

I'm glad you're safely in Chattanooga, Tn. Within 24 hours we may well wish we were there with you, depending on what Hurricane Ike does!

I have the Dip fueled up and parked in front of our house, just in the event we need to bug out - that's my hurricane plan: jump in the RV and drive faster than the wind!

Have a good trip.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 09-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #7

Bud, From what I am seeing on TV I think you better head out for our iRV2 rally in Sevierville, TN which is where I am tonight. Got here plenty early thanks to Gustav but better here early than there with you. I did that back in 83. No fun!!

RE: the light. I pulled into Buddy Gregg in Knoxville and they wrote me up and were going to try to fit me in without an appt. Labor rate of $130 so I decided to take another look while waiting on them. Just as I suspected, I finally found a connector than came undone down in the bowls of the slide out/furnace/plumbing etc. It had no slack in it. I don't know how it held on for 2 years. I gave it some slack and all is well and now my wife wants to know where we are going to spend the $130 "WE" saved today.

Good luck with Ike.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
$130?? Sounds like 'Miller Time!'

Glad you got it fixed, and more, glad it was so simple.

I work in the medical field and can only leave if the hospitals in my area decide to close and evac. One way or another, I plan to scoot on Friday afternoon.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad