Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2014, 05:09 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here are a few links to help maybe for reference: #1--- # 2---- #3
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2014, 05:31 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
My current thought is a grounding issue. Check the back of the generator to see if you have 12v from "hot" lead to chassis ground and check the resistance from the GND lead to chassis ground. If the GND is bad (high resistance) follow the GND lead to the stud to the chassis. The slide pump ground may be on the same stud.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:49 AM   #17

Electrical gremlins are the most difficult thing there is to diagnose. You might like to disconnect all main power cables, esp grounds, clean cable end AND mount point, then reconnect. Sometimes that makes the gremlins disappear. Lot of work, though.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:51 AM   #18

Thank you very much. I am in Maine and am readying to go out in the cold and do what you reccommend. My batteries are fine as I just put a light coat of grease (dielectric)on all surfaces and tighten all nut very tight. What I don't understand yet is where the two large cables go that leave the batteries but bypass the battery switch.
robert brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #19
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert brown View Post
Thank you very much. I am in Maine and am readying to go out in the cold and do what you reccommend. My batteries are fine as I just put a light coat of grease (dielectric)on all surfaces and tighten all nut very tight. What I don't understand yet is where the two large cables go that leave the batteries but bypass the battery switch.
Those likely go to the starter and possibly heater grid circuit if you have one,. No reason to run phenominal starting currents through a switch other than a starter solenoid designed to handle that.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:42 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
If your Dynasty (year?) is like my 05 Panther schematics there should be no cables bypassing House switch. Maybe you see the two cables from each 4 battery bank on one side of the switch if you have 8 batteries but my schematics show those cables daisy chained.. The other side of the switch cable should go to the terminal 3 in RRB. Terminal 7 is labelled as "Domestic Battery Hot" and goes through a Hi-Amp Fuse/CB before going to the FRB. I'm not sure what that is.
The Chassis batteries do have the alternator cable that is connected to the battery side of the switch. The other side of the switch goes to terminal 2 in RRB.
In any event you only have two systems down. Have you checked the RFB battery studs on the inside and outside of the box. From my schematics that is where the slide motor and generator gets its power from the same stud.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #21
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert brown View Post
The unit was new to me in April and since I was irritated with the battery cutoff swith inside the drivers door so I disconnected it months ago. The 12 v lights etc inside still work. Thanks...Bob
Reading through your earlier posts I am very curious how you "disconnected" the cutoff switch. IF you did not bypass the solenoid it is controlling your problem could still be the salesman circuit.

IF the solenoid is still in play it may be able to provide enough current to run a few lights but the heavy load of a slide could be impossible.

Another long forgotten issue are some splices made along the heavy wiring leading to the front panel. Some were not snapped together properly and some just became corroded. You would need two people to diagnose this because you need someone to push the slide buttons while you take measurements. If further tests indicate such a situation I will look up the links and post.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
http://www.mediafire.com/view/vb1wcw...0Schematic.jpg
Here is a schematic that might help.

Note the generator and slide are powered from the chassis Hi-Amp fuse on lower left of RRB.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:15 AM   #23

Thanks for your help. After cleaning all terminals in and out of both boxes, power has been completely restored...Bob
robert brown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power