Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2019, 09:40 AM   #1

Loud beeping!

Almost always when we start out we get a very loud beeping signal. We’ve checked our hydraulic stabilizers over & over..never a problem there.So far the beeping always stops as we head down the road...w/in 15 minutes (sometimes less). But those 15 minutes are brutal. Has anyone ever experienced this and, if so, any suggestions? Thanks!
sweetgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Year, make and model would help a lot. What engine?

Has it done this since new or did it just start?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have had the issue in a 2001 HR Scepter and it was low hydraulic fluid
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Beeping will continue until the air pressure builds up to the minimum needed. Are are no light indications on the dash while the beeping is occurring?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
YC1

First, find the beeper and put some tape over it. Now that you are not going crazy you can concentrate on finding the issue.

Common issues are: Sensor on parking brake, low fluid in the hydraulic jack reservoir.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:24 PM   #6

Is your air pressure up to about 130 lbs, and reaches its cut out point. Maybe you have an air leak, and its your low air alarm.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:56 AM   #7

Our older Dynasty does that too and I think it is related to the jacks not retracting totally until a little later when it all stops. On ours, the light indicating that the jacks are not retracted also blinks, but looking at them indicates that they are retracted, or very nearly so. I'm not certain, but I think ours are retracted by springs which may have gotten weak over time, or the shafts of the jacks are dirty and slowing the last part of the retraction. As soon as the weather warms a bit, I plan to clean the shafts to see how that effects the retraction and go from there.

Just a thought, and I don't know much about this system, but it would seem that there would be more fluid in the reservoir with the jacks retracted than when they are extended. I do plan to check mine though.

Best of luck with yours.

Steve

1996 Dodge Cummins 2500 with 1996 Lance 945 camper
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:14 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dix39 View Post
Our older Dynasty does that too and I think it is related to the jacks not retracting totally until a little later when it all stops. On ours, the light indicating that the jacks are not retracted also blinks, but looking at them indicates that they are retracted, or very nearly so. I'm not certain, but I think ours are retracted by springs which may have gotten weak over time, or the shafts of the jacks are dirty and slowing the last part of the retraction. As soon as the weather warms a bit, I plan to clean the shafts to see how that effects the retraction and go from there.

Just a thought, and I don't know much about this system, but it would seem that there would be more fluid in the reservoir with the jacks retracted than when they are extended. I do plan to check mine though.

Best of luck with yours.

Steve
Many coaches with hydraulic leveling jacks use a float in the fluid tank to sense when the jacks are retracted. If the fluid is low the float will not elevate enough to engage the switch. Have the jacks all the way up and check the fluid level in the tank.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:17 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgeorgia View Post
Almost always when we start out we get a very loud beeping signal. We’ve checked our hydraulic stabilizers over & over..never a problem there.So far the beeping always stops as we head down the road...w/in 15 minutes (sometimes less). But those 15 minutes are brutal. Has anyone ever experienced this and, if so, any suggestions? Thanks!
Check the fluid level in the jack fluid tank. If that is not the problem check the pressure switch on the bottom of the parking brake.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:14 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
If it is air pressure you can usually move at 60 lbs but the beeper won't stop till 90 lbs. Don't just take off driving let it build up pressure till the beeper stops.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #11

I don’t think their chassis has air. But I could be wrong.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
I don’t think their chassis has air. But I could be wrong.
You could be right. Their profile shows its a 38 Winnebago Adventurer. This is a gas model, as far as I know. I had the 37 g, and it was gas. It helps if people fill out their profile for sure.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #13

Thanks to you all for your helpful replies. We will be checking all of these ideas! By the way, my error in not giving our coach details! We own a 2005 Monaco Knight PDQ and I have now updated our profile!
sweetgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #14

Loud beeping!

Well, that changes things a bit. You went from no air chassis to an air chassis.

I had a similar issue to yours. It turned out to be a low air pressure switch mounted on the inside fire wall behind the brake pedal. The “spring” inside had gotten stiff (for lack of a better description) and it would take anywhere from 5-30 minutes before the switch would turn off. Once it shut off and the air pressure in the coach stayed up, there was no alarm. Only after stopping for a few days and then starting off again would the alarm sound. Drove me crazy for several weeks before I was able to locate it only by starting up and unplugging every air pressure switch I could find until the beeping stopped.

You will have several of these switches I would think. I have a different chassis (Spartan) so I can’t speak for Roadmaster. At least this is a place to start.

Mind you, this alarm I had was the low air alarm. Very loud. Not the beep beep jacks down alarm.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote