Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #1

Low city water pressure

Got a strange question about my 06 Monaco Camelot. I had it winterized by the dealer last winter and I have only used it three times so far this season but the fresh water system is acting strangely. I get better water pressure from the on board system than I do the city water hookup. If fact the city hookup is pretty pitiful. I have played around with it and found a plug on the end of the breather for the fresh water tank. Don't know if that is standard procedure in winterization but is that a normal thing? Any thoughts on why the city water pressure is so low? Appreciate any ideas!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
See if it is doing this at all outlets. You may have a clogged aerator or filter. Try it with the onboard pump.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #3

Yes the shower has the best pressure but still much better with the onboard system. The bath sink and kitchen are really weak but passable with onboard
Old 07-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #4

City water connection where you hookup hose......

S/B screen washer. Make sure it is CLEAN

City water connection will also have an internal check valve......cheap plastic junk.
Plunger/spring/o-ring assembly ----can cause restriction

Water filter........clogged filter?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #5

Yes I will try the screen on the city water hose and the pressure regulator to see. The only filters I can find is the one for the drinking water spigot at the kitchen sink (separate from the kitchen sink faucet) and I removed that to see and no difference. I can't find any other filters although the owners manual does mention 2 whole system filters. I am thinking if these were the culprit it would apply to both on board and city water situations. What is S/B screen washer? Where could the check valve be located?
Old 07-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb2875 View Post
Yes I will try the screen on the city water hose and the pressure regulator to see. The only filters I can find is the one for the drinking water spigot at the kitchen sink (separate from the kitchen sink faucet) and I removed that to see and no difference. I can't find any other filters although the owners manual does mention 2 whole system filters. I am thinking if these were the culprit it would apply to both on board and city water situations. What is S/B screen washer? Where could the check valve be located?

S/B Screen washer.........should be a screen washer (where hose connects to city water

Where could check valve be.......like I posted. It is internal of the city water connection assembly
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:17 AM   #7

Thanks all for your advise and wisdom. I will try these things at next opportunity.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:48 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem my last trip. When I got back home I started looking for the problem. Turned out the hose on the electric hose reel was kinked. I pulled it all the way out and discovered it about 1 foot from the end.
I pressurized it, wound it back in and now I have normal water pressure on city water again.
Think I will try to find a heavier drinking water rated hose. This one is very flimsy...
Hope your problem is this simple to cure !
Greg
gnlandrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem my last trip. When I got back home I started looking for the problem. Turned out the hose on the electric hose reel was kinked. I pulled it all the way out and discovered it about 1 foot from the end.
I pressurized it, wound it back in and now I have normal water pressure on city water again.
Think I will try to find a heavier drinking water rated hose. This one is very flimsy...
Greg
Old 07-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
sorry for the double post. Don't know how I did that ???
Old 07-11-2016, 09:16 PM   #11

Jayco Owners Club
If all of these fail, take all the filters out and see if this helps. Don't for get the pump screen filter.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:58 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Low city water pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
If all of these fail, take all the filters out and see if this helps. Don't for get the pump screen filter.

The OP stated the pump pressure was good, can't be the pump screen filter.

A plug on the water tank breather would cause the pump pressure to gradually reduce, since you say that pressure is pretty good, not an issue. Find the whole house filters, they are most likely clogged or you have a kinked hose. Maybe a 2006 Monaco owner can tell you where they are located, until then look around the wet bay and near the hose reel.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnlandrus View Post
Greg
This is the same problem I once ran into. Bi-passing the hose and reel for testing if possible will confirm, or rule out the hose and reel assembly.

That pesky check valve past the reel and hose would be my next suspect.

And I'd have to ask, do you have an add on pressure regulator down stream of the hose and reel?
DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:48 PM   #14

Mike and Barbara
If, after you have eliminated all the kinks and filters, and still have weak flow, suggest you look here:RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV
The cheap pressure regulators do restrict pressure, but do not allow sufficient flow. Years ago we bought the Watts N55B and the difference was quite unbelievable. That model has been replaced, so call these folks and they will guide you.

Tags
water, water pressure