Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Low Shore Power Problems

As we speak, I'am hooked to What's suppose to be 30amp service at Campground, I changed Magnum to 30amp Shore Power, HOWEVER My Genset keeps starting, Apparently It's a very weak 30amp Power source from Campground., Should I disconnect from Shore Power Completely.
Could it harm some of My components?.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
If the voltage coming from the power pedestal is low your air conditioning motors will run hotter and if run for a prolonged period of time the motors will loose service life. Voltages between 114 and 108 should be watched carefully, and voltages below 108 volts cause the loss of service life the more they operate at and below that voltage level.

Resistive loads such as your electric water heater suffer performance problems but no damage. It's only the motor loads that could be damaged.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Rjay, We are at Circle R Campground, Oshkosh Wisconsin attending Air Show, No One is allowed to Run AC units Campground rules, apparently because of Poor electrical service here, I was not informed (NOR DID I ASK) before arriving at Circle R, Had I known I would Not have sent payment in advance, I guess I learned valuable lesson to ASK.
The only thing I have running would be My tv's, which I understand should not be a problem.
Thanks for your help
HOT IN OSHKOSH!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with everything that RJay posted.

There are three other things I would like to point out. If it were me and the CG mandated NO A/C's but didn't notify you in advance, I would have asked for a refund and gone someplace else. That is absolutely absurd. Were the CG site fees FREE or $5 per night seeing that you weren't receiving complete RV hookups?

Were they not allowing people to run their generators so that they could use their A/C's?

For me, knowing that during my travels throughout the North American Continent, there is no guarantee that I will have GOOD power supplied to my coach everywhere I travel. So I invested in two very important electrical devices. #1 - Power-Master Voltage Booster and #2 - Progressive HW50C EMS system. Those two items will assure me that I will never have any electrical problems with shore power regardless of wherever I happen to be traveling at the time.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:20 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks DR, I will Purchase tester as You described!

Regarding CG, It was The only One avail during Show, Also they did provide Shuttle (FOR A FEE OF COURSE) to the Show. That was the only GOOD Thing about camping there.

Thanks for Your advice!.

Tags
power