Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #1

I just purchased a 2006 Camelot and the LP tank showed around 1/4 to 1/3 full. I had it filled but it only took about 12 gallons. Both the gauge in the coach as well as the reading on the tank shows around 1/3 full.

The guy filling it up said he filled it until liquid came out. I wasn't watching since I thought it would take a lot longer based on the gauge.

I took the gauge off of the tank and everything looked good. Anyone have any ideas on other things to look for or is the sending unit/gauge bad.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #2

I just purchased a 2006 Camelot and the LP tank showed around 1/4 to 1/3 full. I had it filled but it only took about 12 gallons. Both the gauge in the coach as well as the reading on the tank shows around 1/3 full.

The guy filling it up said he filled it until liquid came out. I wasn't watching since I thought it would take a lot longer based on the gauge.

I took the gauge off of the tank and everything looked good. Anyone have any ideas on other things to look for or is the sending unit/gauge bad.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
mhansen...
Are you getting your reading from the "tank Monitoring Guages"? I believe they are the same as ours...which reads in 1/3 increments. From what I understand.. when you have less than 2/3 tank... then it will show 1/3 tank...which means 1/3 tank can be anywhere from 1/3 to just under 2/3 of a tankful. Also... your tank is 55 BUT that actually means 44 because the propane tanks have usage of 80% capacity due to safety shutoff regulations.
The important thing is to watch the read out and pay attention to when it goes off of the 1/3 mark. You will still have plenty of propane left at that point to get it filled(roughly 12-14 gallons when it just goes off of the 1/3 mark and is reading "empty")

I hope this make sense to you...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
You will find the capacity listings for your rig if you go to this link...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:54 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We had the issue of the LP tank gauge inside reading lower than the one in the outside bay. I didn't know which one was wrong. The one inside read 1/3 full, but when we filled it the tank only took about 11 gallons. We took it to the dealer and they were able to adjust the tank sensor to read full when the tank was full. Sorry, but I don't know what they did. However, it now appears to properly reflect the tank levels.