Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2019, 06:19 AM   #1

Exclamation LPGas

Recently I turned my LP Gas off in my 2003 Monaco Signature Triple Crown. I turned the gas back on and I am not getting any gas to my cooktop. Have I missed a step Thanks.
GBower is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2019, 06:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
My first thought would be you turned it on quickly and the over flow prevention device cut in limiting gas flow.
Turn the tank off , wait 5 seconds , turn valve on very slowly. If you hear a click try again by shutting it off then back on again. This should work. You may have to repeat this procedure a few times and you will have to wait a few seconds for propane to get back to appliances sometimes.

Good luck, Terry
96Bounder1st is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:38 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Be sure to turn the main valve on slowly and to full open. Too fast can freeze up the works. SIAT (so I am told)

A long shot could be that tank got filled with mostly butane (happens) since last use which will not vaporize below 32F. Have you recently changed local (south to north)?
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:33 AM   #4

Agree with others about turning on the gas valve too rapidly. I will only add that before you turn the valve back ON, open a valve at the cook top to release any possible pressure in the line. Turn the cook top valve OFF, then proceed to open the tank valve slowly and fully.

Remember, even if gas is flowing, it may take a bit of time for the gas to reach the burners.

One question for clarity. Is the cook top the only device not receiving gas?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBower View Post
Recently I turned my LP Gas off in my 2003 Monaco Signature Triple Crown. I turned the gas back on and I am not getting any gas to my cooktop. Have I missed a step Thanks.
Are any other LP appliances working?
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #6

What they said … and let us know if we helped ( nobody does! )
Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:34 PM   #7

Opening tank service/vapor valve can triggerr the 'Excess Flow Device'....ball check valve that closes to limit flow when downstream/upstream is not balanced
(Overfill Protection Device...OPD is something different/FILL protection)

Close the service/vapor valve ,,,wait 30 seconds and then SLOWLY open service/vapor valve again (no need to relief downstream pressure)

Then after resetting the Excess Flow Device......turn on a stove top burner and light it off using a BBQ Lighter.......can take a little bit to establish flow and get system pressure normal so the mixture flowing out of burner has the correct air/fuel ratio.

Once you get 1st stove top lit......light them all off and place on high to get LP Reg back in full service.

Then each propane appliance should light off......can take couple attempts to get full pressure/flow AT t=each appliance gas valve.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
Agree with others about turning on the gas valve too rapidly. I will only add that before you turn the valve back ON, open a valve at the cook top to release any possible pressure in the line. Turn the cook top valve OFF, then proceed to open the tank valve slowly and fully.

Remember, even if gas is flowing, it may take a bit of time for the gas to reach the burners.

One question for clarity. Is the cook top the only device not receiving gas?

It is the only device that use LP gas
TackSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #9

Thumbs up LP Gas

Thanks everyone for the tips. Turning the value on slowly was the trick.
GBower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas