Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
M100 sheppard to TWR in Canada also steering shaft slop

Has anyone had their Sheppard changed out to the TWR steering box in Canada preferably western Canada at a shop.We know live in a condo and gave up all my tools.
In general the rig handles well against big rigs passing but I am always correcting the steering wheel and would be scared to hang on with one hand,hence looking at the steering box change.
Also I took my 04 diplomat 36PST to a alignment shop that said the alignment was fine and they felt the steering box seemed tight but there was slop in the steering shaft connecting the steering box to the steering wheel.
I haven't notice people changing that out on the forum except once,Do you think they knew what they were talking about.They were recommended by a large Moho dealership here.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I also am a member of the Yahoo Monacoers group. There was a recent post regarding the Steering wheel shaft.

I have parts page for my 2002 Monaco Steering column, the part number for my shaft is 916657-437SX

The 916657 indicates a Spicer Shaft, below is a similar one listed on Ebay

Spicer 916657 735sx Steering Shaft Dana Monaco motorhome Roadmaster Rambler Da | eBay
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:20 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatzicGuy View Post

I haven't notice people changing that out on the forum except once. Do you think they knew what they were talking about. They were recommended by a large Moho dealership here.
You must have missed THIS thread in the Monaco Owners Forum regarding the change-out from the Sheppard to the TRW steering box.

Well worth the read.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:06 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TRW Swap

I have read all the notes about the swap and look forward to changing mine out but would like to find someone in canada (preferrable western canada) that could do as I don't have the tools to do it.
Otherwise I will probably arrange to spend more money with Henderson. Who I would trust doing the job.

Tags
ada, canada, steering