Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2021, 11:53 AM   #1

Magnum Opus parts

Recently had the hinges break on my toilet seat. As expected the original part number is obsolete. Found a seat from a Concerto is close enough.#385311006.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C0B65228-D317-4FA3-94E5-F4E65B63C5FB.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	349005   Click image for larger version

Name:	93E8908D-1CE3-4F13-8228-791170DF8BE0.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	349006  

kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2021, 01:22 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
That's good to know. Thanks.
I'll be saving this info (but hopefully will never have to use it).
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:07 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ha ha. Funny timing. My wife broke the hinges last week on our trip (shhh, don't tell her I said that).

I found replacement hinges on our trip online from Marine Sanitation and Supply for only $15.00. I ordered them and they arrived the day after we returned home. With freight it was only $20 and they were direct replacements.

Here is a link if anyone needs them.
https://marinesan.com/seat-hinge-set-large-white/

They state white and they weren't an "exact" match because our seat and original hinges are an off white or "bone" color but they are not bright white and ended up matching close enough that it's hard to tell they aren't the exact same color. I couldn't find the bone color and though I would just paint them when they arrived but the color was so close I installed them as delivered.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:48 PM   #4

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered a set for “backup “ If I have a set it guarantees I will never need them again
Old 11-26-2021, 11:11 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwyatt View Post
Thanks for the tip. Just ordered a set for “backup “ If I have a set it guarantees I will never need them again
Ditto!

Just purchased an insurance policy!

Thanks Mike!

PS, Marine Sanitation is going to wonder wth is everyone breaking these hinges, we’ve had them in the warehouse for 15 years and no one has bought any! Three pair in one day, lol!
jdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:03 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The whole (hole) thing is planned obsolesence. The seat is supported by the hinges and the front pads, so all your weight is pushing down ithe middle of the seat sides. Think of a bridge with your bottom putting the load in the middle on two beams supported only on the ends.

After having a Concerto seatactually break in half on one side, the side you stress when lifting to wipe I found that is made of compressed resin infused sawdust!! I used front pads like on the sides positioned to provide support to the middle of the bridge. Viola an infrastructure fixed for less than Congress would spend.

Simple fix and maybe I'm nuts but buying $100 toilet seats...weird size you know, just was another challenge in this sport.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:09 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I guess I lucked out with my thetford aria. The bolt spread is the same as a residential toilet so I picked up a "soft close" at Lowes. Color matched toilet exactly.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:35 AM   #8

You are lucky on that one. Wish I had found a soft close that had fit. I will rebuild my original as soon as my hinges come in so I will have a complete Bach up lid/seat and a complete back up working toilet I bought for $50 off eBay. Can never have too many spare parts

Tags
parts