Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Mail forwarding service

What would be the best mail forwarding package for a full time rver?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Probably the first decision one has to make is which state they will claim as their domicile while full time. Then, a mail service can be selected.

We chose Texas and used Escapees mail service. We've been very happy with the help the club provided us.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
https://www.americas-mailbox.com/home/login

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #4

We use Escapees, and think they provide excellent service. Never a problem.
wigginsjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree with Rick: First decide which state you want to domicile in and then select a mail forwarding service in that state.

Texas, South Dakota, and Florida are the most popular states for fulltime RVers to select as a domicile and they all have mail forwarding services. For Texas, there isn't any better mail service than that provided by the Escapees RV Club (you do have to be a member, of course). For South Dakota, there are several good mail handling companies...we used Alternative Resources (www.alternativeresources.net) in Sioux Falls. Good Sam's (and I believe Passport America's) mail service is in Florida, plus there are some other mail forwarders in that state that seem to provide good service, too.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
We use www.MyRVMail.com in Crestview, FL. They give a discount for Passport America members. They list the sender on line for all of the mail you receive. You can choose to trash it (it gets shredded, no charge), scan it (to a PDF file $2.50) or forward it to your current location (1st class postage charge). Once I called them and they faxed me a special piece of mail I needed right away at no charge.

They are not the cheapest service around but we found their service well worth the price.
jsetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Mail forwarding

We have been on the road now for almost 14 years and have been using "Mail Travel Service" in Merritt Island, Florida. We have had wonderful service the whole time. The phone # is 800-723-0110.

Clark Alexander
2009 Camelot PDQ 42'
2006 Honda CRV
raceray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #8

My address is at my kids house. Mail is screened. Only need it sent to me about once every 3 months, insurance cards, etc. We do all banking with credit union (no fees, bill pay, non-profit). Bill amount and account are texted to me and done with iPhone and bill-pay. W2s will be sent out and taxes done online.
Boom!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We looked at was available and knew FL was our homebase and we went with Home - American Home Base, Inc. They started off forwarding military and have brached out to others including RVs
Old 01-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Most people don't know that the Escapee's mail service is the only one that has it's own exclusive zip code assigned to it. Everyone I know who uses it says it the best!

Escapees RV Club
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service