Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #15

Navistar is asking their RV division to clean up all hanging issues. Like any warranty claims with their vendors. They are sending anything and everything that looks like it doesn't work. I wouldn't be surprised to receive a broken broom with a claim attached. (We don't make brooms.) Navistar has classified the RV group as "discontinued" in thier recent financial filings (Navistar losses shrink as it tries to spin off RV business). Either they are close to a sale or a closing. deja vu?????
rcmscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #16

That's too bad just as RV sales are on the incline. But I suppose it takes a lot of effort to repair any damage to a reputation. Sounds like the division has been the red headed step child for a while anyway.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
If the above post is correct I believe there will be some GREAT buys on Navistar RVs. I know that after you make your best deal with the RV dealer Navistar will send you a check for up to $15,000.00. deSanford or maybe the dealer will deduct that from your purchase price.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #18

deSanford: That post was in jest, right? Who in their right mind would buy a MH from a Company that that will probably be shut down? Especially a company that left owners, suppliers and employees with nothing once before.. If I had an order with them right now I would cancel. What if they place the Monaco division in bankruptcy( again)? There may be someone willing to buy the name and the intellectual properties but not the whole enchilada. Unless you and Traps are willing to ante up!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #19

Does anyone know what's going on at the plant? They may have categoried the financial as "discontinued", but have the employees been laid off? Are they still building coaches?
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
deSanford: That post was in jest, right? Who in their right mind would buy a MH from a Company that that will probably be shut down? Especially a company that left owners, suppliers and employees with nothing once before.. If I had an order with them right now I would cancel. What if they place the Monaco division in bankruptcy( again)? There may be someone willing to buy the name and the intellectual properties but not the whole enchilada. Unless you and Traps are willing to ante up!
I would buy a coach if the price was right. The warranty its just a gamble they offer stating nothing will go wrong and if so they fix it. The chances are nothing major will break within the warranty timeframe anyway. If I could buy an aftermarket extended warranty and the coach for less than other models I would buy it. Could end up with a better warranty and good price on a coach.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Does anyone know what's going on at the plant? They may have categoried the financial as "discontinued", but have the employees been laid off? Are they still building coaches?
Haven't heard much lately but 255 employees were laid off in Aug only leaving 150 in Coburg Ore. To build towable units only. Not sure were else they build the coaches
Old 03-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #22

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/09/ta...lans-job-cuts/

Taking stock from 1.4B or $18.24 a share to $84M and stock price of $1.22 a share in just one year. Not pre 2009 just from last year. That's not very good.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #23
Community Administrator

In 2009 I was at Lazy Days and there was a guy there for eight weeks waiting to get someone to find a replacement for air bags that were mfg by a MH builder no longer in business. I think it was a Monaco. So , there is a reason to be concerned even out of the warranty period.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
In 2009 I was at Lazy Days and there was a guy there for eight weeks waiting to get someone to find a replacement for air bags that were mfg by a MH builder no longer in business. I think it was a Monaco. So , there is a reason to be concerned even out of the warranty period.
Cliff
Yes items that are exclusive to the manufacturer can be a pita but most things can be replaced with someone elses parts.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #25
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post

Yes items that are exclusive to the manufacturer can be a pita but most things can be replaced with someone elses parts.
True. However the key word is most. That guy with the airbag issue would argue this.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe everyone should buy a spare "air" bag. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #27

Maybe if you buy a Monaco you should get a spare of everything that's exclusive to the manufacturer for free of course.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
It was my understanding that Navistar was contemplating the sale of Monaco allowing them to concentrate on their "core" business.

Navistar may put Monaco RV up for sale - Indiana Economic Digest - Indiana

That would be the BEST thing that could ever happen to Monaco providing that whatever company ends up buying them is worthy of the brand, Navistar wasn't.

I have owned my 2002 Monaco Windsor since December of 2003. I had done enough research previously to know that I was buying my Last Coach First. Since then, I have customized it exactly to my liking with many upgrades that you would find in the higher end coaches.

No plans to change or sell. If it's not paid off before I leave this earth then it becomes my children's problem.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco