Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2020, 07:57 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Ray, Yes, I have heard that and loaded my ceiling full of them, that is part of my plan today, bombs, traps, bait, and spray foam
tc914-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2020, 07:59 AM   #16

I would never have gone to such extreme lengths to solve a mouse problem. My purpose was reconstruction of the roof. The seriousness of the rodent problem was a very unpleasant surprise.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:58 AM   #17

Only sure way to keep them out is human activity

Only way to get rid of them is to lure them into some kind of trap.

Depending on your storage situation this could be ongoing

Peanut butter and a 5 gallon bucket placing the 5 gal bucket next to a seat where they can jump in to get the peanut butter proves out to be pretty successful

Happy Trails
Old 03-31-2020, 10:49 AM   #18

They are crafty little critters and can find a way into just about anything.
I had them principally in one of my bays
Occasionally I caught some on glue traps but they learned to avoid them
So finally I bought all that Walmart had and covered the entire floor of
2 bays . They couldn't avoid the traps and I finally got them all

They stink and mess up everything , hate um .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:08 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Dont just put spray foam in the crevices.........

Add SOS pads into the main area you are sealing.

The mice chew into the foam, then the sos pads, and get their mouths cut up and die.
The John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:23 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I was able to catch 3 adults in snap traps yesterday, one happened within 5 min of emptying a trap and repositioning it in the AC. I was able to save one of the culprits alive and ran some testing, dryer sheets and ultrasonic generator. Neither one had an affect on the detainee, although it may have been in shock.
I put sticky traps in my electrical bin an generator, I will update later today.
Funny thing, as I was taking a lunch break, my pup Wilson, gave a bark when looking outside. We watched a neighbors cat walk up the driveway, went under the coach, jumped up into the undercarriage then came out 2 min later.
As I sealed and checked for pathways and activity, all of the indicators were up in the ceiling, bins, drawers and cabinets all clean. I’ll be back at it today.
Thanks for all the comments and input,
Tony
Old 04-01-2020, 06:37 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I cut an opening in the back closet big enough to get in the back cap, sure enough the wiring comes up through there and goes up to the roof where they then run to the front. There were opening around the wiring coming up thru the floor of the cap. I plugged those holes and glued screen across the opting to the roof. You can get back in the cap if your not to big but even leaning in the hole you cut should suffice. After cutting hole in rear of closet I made a door so I can get back in there if I have to
Old 04-01-2020, 07:29 PM   #22

I had issues with mice in our garage both the attic and ground level. Sometimes the traps would "disappear". Searched high and low but they were gone. I finally found one that had his back foot and tail caught in the trap. His body was outside but he couldn't get the trap under the overhead garage door. He drug that trap over 40'...

You might want to tie the traps off to a screw or nail so they can't get very far away.
lonrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:14 PM   #23

12 gauge pump with a box of shells.... crank up the stereo with head banger music....blast away screaming.. "Say Hello To My Lil Friend!" ......followed by two cases of Dicor, and a 5 gallon pail of drywall compound......…

The ones that manage to get away will tell their friends...."Stay out of THAT one....that dude is Crazy!"
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:44 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Yes good idea, I got one today that had it’s arm in one trap and snout in another, I think it would have gotten away if the second trap wasn’t there
Thanks !!!
Old 04-01-2020, 10:48 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Det57 View Post
12 gauge pump with a box of shells.... crank up the stereo with head banger music....blast away screaming.. "Say Hello To My Lil Friend!" ......followed by two cases of Dicor, and a 5 gallon pail of drywall compound......…

The ones that manage to get away will tell their friends...."Stay out of THAT one....that dude is Crazy!"
Glen, not to that point yet but it has crossed my mind when I hear the little bastards running back and forth.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:54 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bborc View Post
I cut an opening in the back closet big enough to get in the back cap, sure enough the wiring comes up through there and goes up to the roof where they then run to the front. There were opening around the wiring coming up thru the floor of the cap. I plugged those holes and glued screen across the opting to the roof. You can get back in the cap if your not to big but even leaning in the hole you cut should suffice. After cutting hole in rear of closet I made a door so I can get back in there if I have to
The idea sounds good, I’ll have to measure to make sure it’s in the right place. High enough to stay away from mechanical, and low enough to reach the access points. How big of an access did you cut ?
Old 04-02-2020, 10:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc914-8 View Post
Glen, not to that point yet but it has crossed my mind when I hear the little bastards running back and forth.
Key word there is "YET"...…...lol
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:42 PM   #28

I did a lot of work trying to find where they were coming in. Found water and electric lines came up through the floor under the shower base.Hole was about twice as big as it needed to be. Plugged with steel wool and foam.
Also, check your black and gray vent stacks. Again, this is a 2 inch pipe but a 3 inch hole in the floor. Think about it, if they get in to the hole where the stack comes through the floor, they have no trouble running up the pipe and into your ceiling.
Both my stacks go up in opposite sides of my bathroom. I drilled a 1-1/2 hole with a hole saw in the wall near the floor, which gave me access to where the pipe came through the floor. Then I stuffed the oversized hole in the floor with steel wool and foam. I then went to Home Depot and bought 1-1/2 diameter vents (I believe they are used for soffit vents) and glued them in the hole saw hole. Haven’t had a critter in the coach for three years.
Rivrman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling