Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2022, 10:08 AM   #43

Synill, The stove frame popped out of place because I had put too much weight on it. The old glue (assume it was epoxy) was scraped off with a putty knife where possibel then used sand paper and an orbital sander to remove the rest. Used 120 grit, and sanded lightly only on the area with old glue because I didnt want to scratch the corian. Then mixed the JB Weld and put it around the outside edge of the frame so it would spread to the inside. Then clamped it in place. What squeezed out I removed with paper towels slightly dampened with paint thinner. It left the joint where the corian came together fairy clean as you can see in the pic. Hope this answered your question. God Bless, Ed & Sylvia
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2022, 07:56 PM   #44

Well, the Lord is good and the cabinet is finally completed. Here are some pics of how it turned out. First is pic of completed microwave project. Second pic is the 2 drawer spice cabinet. The last pic is the cubby hole for the DW's cook books. The match isn't exact for the finish, but I think it came out ok and the DW is more than happy with the results. The microwave is screwed to the cabinet, so it is not going anywhere. Thanks to all for your words of encouragement and advice. God Bless, Ed & Sylvia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-1.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	356965   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-2.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	356966  

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail-5.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	356967  
Old 02-19-2022, 12:11 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
It all looks great Ed. I see in the first picture you still do have the factory vent in the kitchen. I replaced mine with a max air fan because it is the stock 14 in.² size. And it makes it easy to put one of those little insulated pillows that are made for the vent to insulate it from cold or hot and then you still have the vent to pull air through the coach. On another + it’s a lot less work than trying to close off the whole roof and ceiling.

Tim
Old 02-19-2022, 07:03 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Looks good, I guess if my original microwave convection oven craps out I'd consider doing this. We never use the convection side of it and the price of a decent unit is extremely high. A simple microwave would work.

We still have the coolmatic fan in our kitchen area, I had to replace the motor about 6 years ago but is works good, moves lots of air. I guess if I had to replace it I'd consider a fantastic (or similar) type fan. Hard part is cone, hole in the ceiling & power is already there
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 08:13 AM   #47

Thank you Tim, I like your suggestion and have decided to replace the old noisy kitchen vent with a fantastic or similar fan. Jim, thank you too. Replacing the original with a like microwave was on the expensive side especially if you wanted the added benefit of convection. The microwave we chose is a combination micro, convection air fryer. $169 at Wally World. Made more sense for use to use the funds for the heater core replacement and a/c evaporator replacement. I appreciate all of you who followed along and shared the journey. God Bless, Ed & Sylvia
Old 02-19-2022, 02:42 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notn2bars View Post
Thank you Tim, I like your suggestion and have decided to replace the old noisy kitchen vent with a fantastic or similar fan. Jim, thank you too. Replacing the original with a like microwave was on the expensive side especially if you wanted the added benefit of convection. The microwave we chose is a combination micro, convection air fryer. $169 at Wally World. Made more sense for use to use the funds for the heater core replacement and a/c evaporator replacement. I appreciate all of you who followed along and shared the journey. God Bless, Ed & Sylvia
I just a bought the standard three speed fan because it is all ready wired to a thermostat.

Tim
Old 02-19-2022, 03:58 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaz View Post
I just a bought the standard three speed fan because it is all ready wired to a thermostat.

Tim
We will probably do the same!!

Tags
air, microwave, repair, slide