Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mirror adjustment

I would like to adjust the mirror arm on my drivers side - it's a Ramco 1350 series.

On the bottom of the arm there is a plastic cap which covers a 3" bolt and I have now removed both. However, the arm still doesn't move. It is probably just stuck because it was never moved so I have now soaked it in WD40.

Question is now whether the arm just swings around now or must the arm be lifted out of "a socket" before swinging around. I don't just want to apply any excessive pressure and break anything. Does anyone know? The manufacturers web site doesn't show anything.

Thank (again).

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Had the same problem on my 08 Ambassador, lube it with WD and let it set overnight and pull the bolt almost all the way out and wiggle it and it will almost fall out so be careful?? JC
Old 10-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Just adjusted mine and what I had to do was loosen the bolt then give the arm a good whack with the palm of my hand in an upward direction to break it loose
bdpreece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't whack it with the bolt removed! Once you've lubed it, a well-loosened (but not removed) bolt is called for!! No ratcheting involved here at the connection in question.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:09 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Danes Are Coming View Post
I would like to adjust the mirror arm on my drivers side - it's a Ramco 1350 series.

On the bottom of the arm there is a plastic cap which covers a 3" bolt and I have now removed both. However, the arm still doesn't move. It is probably just stuck because it was never moved so I have now soaked it in WD40.

Question is now whether the arm just swings around now or must the arm be lifted out of "a socket" before swinging around. I don't just want to apply any excessive pressure and break anything. Does anyone know? The manufacturers web site doesn't show anything.

Thank (again).
I just had to remove my mirror to tighten the four bolts that hold it to the front cap. Once you remove the long bolt from the bottom push up on the arm while applying a slight twisting motion. Be careful because the arm will come all the way out and it is heavy. Just to adjust you only have to move it left or right and do not need to remove the arm. There are also two Allen set screws that secure a ball mount for the main mirror body. If you have those loose the darn thing will flop every which way so just back them out a little. If you find the need to remove the arm to access the bolts that hold the mirror to the cap it helps to have a second person. You must lift up on the arm and pull the cable out until you can reach the plug. Unplug the mirror and lay it down. Then you will be able to remove the chrome cover that covers the mirror mount.

Good luck,

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Summer- Lake Diefenbaker, SK; winter- Westbay Marine Village, Victoria, BC
The Allen screws are what you loosen to adjust these mirrors. And when you have it where you want it, you really need to tighten them securily to ensure the mirror doesn't move out of adjustment on the road. I had to tighten mine more than I like to tighten anything, but it worked.

The bolts are just there to attach the mirror to the arms. Nothing to do with the final adjustment.
jim.smithjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:32 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.smithjr View Post
The Allen screws are what you loosen to adjust these mirrors. And when you have it where you want it, you really need to tighten them securily to ensure the mirror doesn't move out of adjustment on the road. I had to tighten mine more than I like to tighten anything, but it worked.

The bolts are just there to attach the mirror to the arms. Nothing to do with the final adjustment.
Jim,

The large bolt allows you to move the arm to adjust the line of site of the mirror down the side of the coach. The recommendation is for the side of the mirror to be two inches away from the side of the coach. I don't like that on my driver side mirror because I have to look through the windshield and not the side window to see the mirror. I set mine so when I am comfortable in the driver position I can just glance over through the driver side window and check my blind spot and down the left side of the coach. When you look at the mirrors from the front it is obvious that the left and right mirrors are not set the same but it is my coach and I like it that way.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'm really anal about mine looking right and being adjusted correctly for me. Loosen the bolt and like Brian side, give it some whacks with the palm of your hand. To keep the width down, mine are set up so that the edge of the mirror is perfectly in line with the edge of the coach.

It took awhile, but I centered the glass in the mirror so that all four sides were equal distance from the edges. (A "T" handle allen wrench works well for adjusting the head of the mirror. ) Once the glass is centered, I moved the head around so that the side to side view was correct and then I played with tilting the head at the top and bottom. Once everything was adjusted, I really cranked the allen screws tight so that the mirror head will not move when they're bumped.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote