Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2019, 05:01 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question Monaco 06 Diplomat slide problem

Hello Happy Holidays,
Walked out to Rv today and rr slide was out and the motor was snapping .Luckily there was nothing close enough to be damaged. Unpluged motor to stop from clicking. Interior switch tests ok. Only way to bring slide in is to remotly power up motor. If I plug motor back in it sends slide out and will not stop. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks John
jbreardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Check your Slide Control Board to see if any of the Components are hot to the touch. A relay may be shorting while energized of course. Best guess at this point. The older Monaco's used electric in lieu of hydraulic.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:11 PM   #3

Just seen your posting & I have a similiar problem with my front slide units. One is energized to stay out until it is unplugged & the other front slide lost power completely! So far I have & the tech’s I have troubleshooting issue have not found the relays that operate slide. Just wondering if you had any luck correcting problem. REVGROUP solution was to add another controller & wire but that isn’t resolution I prefer. Have you found relays? The main controller was not the issue?

Thanks & good luck!
SACIL9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:03 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreardon View Post
Hello Happy Holidays,
Walked out to Rv today and rr slide was out and the motor was snapping .Luckily there was nothing close enough to be damaged. Unpluged motor to stop from clicking. Interior switch tests ok. Only way to bring slide in is to remotly power up motor. If I plug motor back in it sends slide out and will not stop. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks John
The slide control board with relays is under the large black cover in the battery compartment.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide control board location reduced.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	271932  
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #5

No problem finding the controller board but no luck finding the relays etc & no wiring diagram with the rest of the circuit! There has to be some relays some place that also assist the circuit! Any help & past experience w this is last hope!!

Thanks
SACIL9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:06 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SACIL9151 View Post
No problem finding the controller board but no luck finding the relays etc & no wiring diagram with the rest of the circuit! There has to be some relays some place that also assist the circuit! Any help & past experience w this is last hope!!

Thanks
I was responding to the original poster who has a 2006 Diplomat. I see from your info page that you have a Camelot. I doubt I can be of much help. Monaco coaches are all over the map and even the same models from the same years are sometimes different. I have about 6 different schematics for our coach and they all show a 2 slide system. We have a 4 slide coach. Go figure. It has been my experience that it is difficult to find reliable wiring information for Monaco coaches.

The slide control board with relays for our coach is located inside that black box in the photo. It looks something like the one in the photo attached. I will also attach a schematic for a two slide bedroom I found in my stuff. It may not be much help but it is all I could find. The relays on the board in the photo are soldered to the board and are not removable. Not sure what you have but I would suspect the same. My guess would be one of those relays has failed in the deploy slide position. You might try taking the handle of a plastic screwdriver and tapping each relay with a good firm smack.

Bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SlidesOutBed 08 38081059.pdf (107.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: pdf Slideout Control Relay Box.pdf (274.4 KB, 17 views)
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, problem, slide