Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2022, 01:43 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco 2009 Aqua Hot System

Hello team. I’m in the process of re filling my aqua hot antfreeze reservoir. Through a number of mishaps.. starting with Sani flush cleaning my black tank and well pump kicking on.. creating a leak under 1st bathroom sink ( blew the top off anti siphon separator valve) … me killing all power sources after steam and the sound of boiling liquid out under the aquahot unit. .. shutting off water and somehow not thinking aquahot was effected by it.. well. Without water to diffuse/ absorption of heat.. that liquid is all that was left to I boiled perhaps all the boiler anti freeze from the reservoir. After contacting aquahot .. I was advised to use a propylene glycol GRAS .. in the book too… so I did the Amazon purchase. There is a fluid tank low re set button.. or toggle on /off aqua hot toggle switch. I ordered 4 gallons. Advised that once the tank recognizes higher levels of heat transfer fluid aka, anti freeze, it will reset. . Here is where it gets concerning. I have to take divider out of bay. Electrical read out board is attached. I need to shift it outta the way. Then a bleeder valve with a set screw needs to be opened. ( familiar to anybody?). That allows tank to refill and bleed off air. I have a small over fill hose attached already. .. it’s not known how much fluid got boiled out but I know the reservoir is empty. So.. a gallon at a time will be added. When it gets to normal operation temp. …if it does….I’ll check where the level is on the reservoir. .. any ideas or suggestions… based on real experience with this is appreciated and taken under counsel. Thank you…oh yeah.. worse case scenario, I have the numbers to 3 aquahot service shops in the Idaho falls area. Might warrant a trip to service system.
Axeman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2022, 02:16 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Did you pump high water pressure into the coach fresh water system as well as the black tank flush?
Old 06-13-2022, 07:31 PM   #3

The AH is not really a "boiler" it should never get to boiling/steam temperatures on either water or glycol side.
AH may have failed to finish to slight cooling cycle and stir pump quit causing extra expansion .
Do you have a fresh water inlet regulator? I strongly suggest getting a decent one if you run on city inlet.
If you need yellow boiler fluid Camping world was just the cheapest by far this month.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:49 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Did you pump high water pressure into the coach fresh water system as well as the black tank flush?
Oh yeah.. what happened was I’m was using the well to clean black tank .. I wasn’t running high pressure at all but the pump decided it would kick it up 10 notches. That’s when all hell broke loose. Literally. The water is a high iron content so I get my drinking water from a real filtered ststem and I have a seoerate filtration beyond that. I will get a pressure regulator that is set to no more than 42#? Now I’m waiting on fluid.
Old 06-13-2022, 11:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
The AH is not really a "boiler" it should never get to boiling/steam temperatures on either water or glycol side.
AH may have failed to finish to slight cooling cycle and stir pump quit causing extra expansion .
Do you have a fresh water inlet regulator? I strongly suggest getting a decent one if you run on city inlet.
If you need yellow boiler fluid Camping world was just the cheapest by far this month.
That may have been the cause.. I’m not a aqua hot guy, in fact only owned this coach for 4 months. I’m still learning so much! I am getting a pressure regulator for sure. I called aqua hot company headquarters and spoke with a fellow who understood my situation and even though it was a guarantee my system would work but he said he would highly doubt it wouldn’t recognize fluid again.. ( low fluid shut off occurred) and it would work just fine. He pointed me to Amazon Prime for fluid so I bought 4 gallons. He said it’s a 5 gallon tank so if there is any fluid left or not, 4 would get me a great start and I could top it off after I get it going. He also gave me the numbers of three aqua hot mechanic/ dealers in Idaho falls area. It’s 4 hours away and if need be.. I’ll make the trip. I have some friends there anyway. This fluid is not cheap but it is that actual Aqua hot product. I’m going to change out the fuel filter also. There is a date but I cannot read it. So .. while I’m on it.. gonna do that too
Old 06-14-2022, 07:40 AM   #6

You can find vids of how to do annual service. I was going to post link Amazon had diesel nozzles for only $7.26 I grabbed 5 then price went back up to $27ea so that's about the going rate . You have to be extra careful with hinge bolts as not to over tighten torque spec is very low. Newer AH have combustion chamber gaskets, my chamber just pulls out no gasket.You need wire brush and shop vac to clean heat transfer chamber. Vids use hose pinch pliers or clamps to pinch fuel lines when changing filter or removing burner fuel lines. I just move burner to the side. If yours has radiator cap take a close look at seals and little return valve. AH seems to be extra rough on radiator caps compared to cars. I use a lever release cap it takes a little stress off the radiator neck to remove or install. Not to scare you some AH necks have started to leak due to light solder job. Many owners had split return hose near the cap. When mine split I used a better quality coolant/fuel line but needed a hose union barb ,as I couldn't/didn't want to try to force reinforced hose on plastic return tank barb so last foot or so is old the lighter hose.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot, monaco