RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I posted this on the Monaco Chassis site as well.
Our 04 Imperial has 54k mi on it and is showing some unusual wear on the right front. (cupping)
I'm going to take it in for a chassis alignment soon. I had the tires (outside rears to fronts) rotated at about 35k mi.
The question is, what is the alignment procedure at Monaco when the MH is built? Has anyone had this done on their 8 bag chassis? What did it cost and how long did it take? Branson Motor Coach will do the alignment for $199 not including time needed to adjust the rear axle if needed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I posted this on the Monaco Chassis site as well.
Our 04 Imperial has 54k mi on it and is showing some unusual wear on the right front. (cupping)
I'm going to take it in for a chassis alignment soon. I had the tires (outside rears to fronts) rotated at about 35k mi.
The question is, what is the alignment procedure at Monaco when the MH is built? Has anyone had this done on their 8 bag chassis? What did it cost and how long did it take? Branson Motor Coach will do the alignment for $199 not including time needed to adjust the rear axle if needed.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We had a laser alignment on our 35' Pace Arrow about 10 years ago in Salt Lake City and it was under $50. Maybe it would be good idea to have our Camelot alignment checked. It drives like a dream so I never gave it a thought. We just passed 10k mi on it last month.

CC
Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Pusherpilot - I have a 07 42ft Camelot -- I was at Camp Monaco Harrisburg in Jan.& informed the service writter (Matt Schyer) that the coach was pulling to the right, & tires was starting to "river" -- A tech did a test drive, & he agreed me -- Matt informed me that Monaco would pay for an alignment,if done at a Monaco approved service center -- When in AZ. I took it to Massey`s Diesel Service in Phoenix, which does a lot of Monaco`s work for alignment, & tire rotation- When I went to pick the coach up,I was informed that Monaco refused payment for the alignment, that I probably hit some potholes that knocked the front out of alignment - The toe in was in 1/4 inch on both sides -- They set the toe at 0 degrees - I told them I thought Monaco wanted the alignment at 1/8 toe in, & the shop foreman said he set ALL straight axel`s at 0 degrees -- On the way back to Oregon, to Camp Monaco Harrisburg, the M/H still pulled to the right -- Monaco refused to address the problem, & I told then to put that in writting - They didn`t want to do that, so they had a tech take the coach to Kaiser Brake & Alignment in Eugene -- Now the coach drives perfect - It cost Monaco $335.00 -- This is Kasier`s setting`s -- caster: L +7deg R +8deg --- camber L +1/8deg R -1/8deg -- Toe: in 1/32 -- They compensate for the crown in the road -- The M/H must have come from the factory with the 1/4in. toe in - While at Massey Diesel, & had hub oilers installed -- Much easier for maintenance of the front wheel bearings -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
What did it cost to have the hub oilers installed?
Thanks for the good info.
Ron
Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Pusherpilot -- I think it cost $350.00 for the oilers -- The only difference in the price of the oilers, & a bearing repack, is the price of the oiler parts -- That includes new inside seals,& the hubs -- On the Camber spec`s, note that the Left is PLUS 1/8 deg. & the Right is MINUS 1/8 deg. -- Kaiser is the "guru" of M/H alignments in that area -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote