Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2008, 05:01 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I also have had to replace Door retianer, I've had fuel senders replaced Twice, My Fuel gauge still does not go below 3/4. Would be kinda nice just to know how much fuel I have any any given Moment.
Sort-a-happy with our 2008 Dynasty, However I only got 5000 miles on it As it sits in storage until Spring.
It is A LOT BETTER than the 2006 Alpine Coach (APEX) I had, was sure glad to get rid of that is was nothing but JUNK!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Lukeaa,
Yup, mine is the same as yours and I've done the bending as you. I've just had to do it a couple more times than you because we live in the MH and the door is used constantly.

As far as chronic problems.....all of our warrenty issues are now fixed.... That being said.... Two months out of warrenty, I now have found 3 more roof cracks and sent photos with and e-mail to Monaco. This will be the third time that we've had a set of cracks repaired. Unfortunately I don't think anyone has read it yet due to the holiday furlough. We attached a "read confirmation" tag on the e-mail and have yet to get it back to our e-mail.

Unfortunately I'm very dissapointed with the way Monaco constructed the roof and afraid it will keep cracking unless they re-do all of the fiberglassed seams that Guaranty RV Service hasn't repaired under warrenty. I have serious doubts that they will fix them for free because of it being out of warrenty. I still have my fingers crossed. I did tell them that the cracks are brought up in many a forum over the internet. Such stuff they already know and other Monaco MH's that have the same roof. We only bought it in October of 2007 and haven't had period of time when we havn't had a problem with it.

We do really love it and the floorplan and it is really good for fulltiming, but this roof thing has me really worried about it's future and we don't really want to trade it for another coach (brand?) because we'll take a huge beating financially. (How many times did I use the word "really")?

I'm sorry for the long rant, but it's been comming.

AKBrick
Old 12-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Since getting our new 07 in April 08 I've also had a few of the problems mentioned here and on other posts.

Whistling entry door and shower door falling off were fixed back in Sept.

Yesterday dealer called to say work on door retainer, limited air flow from front ceiling vents, no air flow from rear floor vents, seam tape lifting, replacement of 2 slide toppers that had small rips along the seam, as well as a couple of other things was done.

They couldn't locate the cause of a vibrating sound in the passenger side dash/window area so it was recommended that I take it to a body or glass shop. I also have the fuel gauge problem but they don't work on that so I need to find somewhere to get that looked at.

Call us crazy but must admit with all theses things, we still like our Neptune.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #18

Monaco took advantage of the easy credit in the market the past few years and I believe that they pumped out rv's with known problems in the hope that the added sales would net more than the problems they left behind.
Growing anger on behalf of their dealer network that was paid well for warranty repairs but it started becoming more than they could handle. In my experience dealers did'nt want to take on warranty problems, some of which were not simple repairs so they got to the point of not taking in warranty on units they did'nt sell.
Wildwood service is or was great to me after I learned the system and how to avoid common traps.
Scott 07 Cayman PDQ
Scott W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DCTENT:
I've had fuel senders replaced Twice, My Fuel gauge still does not go below 3/4. Would be kinda nice just to know how much fuel I have any any given Moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you have Aladdin computer you can tell how much fuel you have used thus knowing within a few gallons how much you have left. We start a new trip every time we fill up and count on appx 100 gal in the tank. (Capacity is listed at 120) Both the genny and AquaHot use diesel but use so little that the difference is small. Our fillup numbers are varied more by the coacn being tilted to one side or the other when filling. The fuel guage on our coach hasn't worked for more than an hour since we got it so we just use the trip function of the Aladdin.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #20

I'm lurking this thread and wondering if our new Monaco Beaver would have the same issues discussed here?

Being a Pacific ocean boater, I am a big believer in anticipating problems, my other half "not so much"

We are newbies, so I want to understand my top five most probable *failure* issues on the road, and so far I have come up with 1) flat tires, or low pressure 2) fuel sender/governer/injector failure

....very, very new, as in one trip to Sedona from Socal. Is our gas gauge squirelly also?

Also, do you peeps carry any extra parts like we do on boats (fuel filters, extra prop, etc?)
I was contemplating having an extra fule sender, or is that overkill? I realize that we will have to learn as we go, but anything basic for us out the door, a must have part?
mainlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Mainlander

I think most diesel powered rig owners carry spare fuel filters since that may be blocked at any time if you get bad fuel, at least so I have read. I haven't driven enough miles to find out for myself. A spare serpentine belt is also a good thing to have. In my case on an older Beaver, I found the coach manufacturer determines that belt's specs as each engine has different sets of things hanging on it. Mine was specifically made for this application and finding one was a challenge.

If you have a problem finding what parts to buy, check with Beaver Coach Sales in Bend, OR. They have given me better info than anything I have gotten from Monaco. I am not sure about the newer ones actually built by Monaco but for the older pre Monaco Beavers they know what is in it.

I don't have a spare prop, however.