Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #15

We are posturing for at least a several year down turn because the magnitude of what has happened is unprecedented. Which is why we want to own and live in an RV after selling a high end house before the Asia market crashed (Hawaii) I hear a lot of optimism about the third quarter of 09 but I don't understand what it is based on.

We bought after some reassurance on yahoo finance that Monaco received a hefty cash infusion in three installments relatively spread out. My "company" choice was Tiffin but I was outvoted and the Beaver deal came along.
mainlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #16

Gramps: I dont know where you got the information that the entertainment industry is increasing sales. Broadaway shows have been cancelled. The Performing Arts are out looking hard for more money. There is not one large sector that is reporting good sales except anything to do with health care. This is serious!! The worst is yet to come.

Moisheh
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Broadway and the performing arts are not recession proof because they are not exportable products. Movies, TV, DVDS, Music CDs, computer and console video games are. The worldwide market for those products of the entertainment industry is still dominated by the US. Expect sales in that sector to go up. Also, have you read about any Cruise Lines currently in trouble? They are cutting fare prices only a bit to make sure the ships go out with plenty of passengers where lots of money is spent on incidentals. The major cruise lines are still floating new and bigger ships. There is still plenty of money out there and credit as well. It may be a bit tighter but it still exists. The biggest problem right now is fear. Fear that a recession will not end or could get worse is unfortunaley self-fulfilling. Fear and wisdom do not always work together.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:36 AM   #18

Gramps:

Tight credit is killing the auto dealers. RV dealers could likely sell a few more units if they could get credit. This week we are hearing from retail stores ( malls). Now that the Xmas season is history they are closing stores. SOMERV parks in the Southwest have reduced their rates slightly as the parks are not full. I am afraid we have to disagree. Closer to home read my latest thread in this forum.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:55 AM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
I tend to agree somewhat with Gramps. Yes, my 401(k) has been hit across the board in equity losses (so much for equity diversification), but there's still a lot of cash out there that's sitting on the sidelines - mine included. No, I'm not buying equities at the moment, and no, I'm not buying non-necessities either (RVs, etc.) I don't believe that I'm alone. So, what's necessary to bring this cash back into the marketplace (Wall Street and Main Street?) - a lot of it is attitude, specifically, a belief that the future is going to be better than today.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rusty,

Its mostly about consumer confidence isn't it?
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #21

I was watching Nightly Business Report tonight. They said 200,000 stores will close in 2009!Yes there is still a lot of money out there, but people are not spending it like they use to. They are buying only things that are necessary. Sounds like the big party is over for a long while!
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote