Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Monaco Coach Corporation announced today that it has engaged Imperial Capital, LLC as a financial advisor to assist the Company with its evaluation of strategic alternatives.

The rest of the story HERE.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:10 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Monaco Coach Corporation announced today that it has engaged Imperial Capital, LLC as a financial advisor to assist the Company with its evaluation of strategic alternatives.

The rest of the story HERE.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:11 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Don't know if this is good or bad....
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Could go either way! Usually this type of announcement is made as a broadcast message that they are open to offers!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just another way to say were for sale and have a active management team that wants to be involved.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I guess its better than just going BK as many others have. Good thing we have a group like this in case tech support goes away.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think it's a good thing. They are considering selling assets, such as their Signature resorts, for cash to float their core business. It is a proactive position to take not a reactive one. They need to do what they can to survive the next 160 days and then sales will start to uptick again as the economy starts to warm back up.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They need to do what they can to survive the next 160 days and then sales will start to uptick again as the economy starts to warm back up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I hope you're right...! Nice to see a beacon in the night...thanks!

2005 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
InflatableBoats4Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -Gramps-:
They need to do what they can to survive the next 160 days and then sales will start to uptick again as the economy starts to warm back up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what crystal ball are you looking at? The last report I heard (CNN, MSNCB, etc) state that 2009 will be a worst year than 2008 for retail...I hope you're right, but I'm afraid that we are in for a long and bumpy ride.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Is hedge fund calling the shots at Monaco?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cb5300:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -Gramps-:
They need to do what they can to survive the next 160 days and then sales will start to uptick again as the economy starts to warm back up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what crystal ball are you looking at? The last report I heard (CNN, MSNCB, etc) state that 2009 will be a worst year than 2008 for retail...I hope you're right, but I'm afraid that we are in for a long and bumpy ride. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a crystal ball..it's 18 years of owning my own business and keeping records of all the buying trends of my customers during all types of economic weather conditions. Right now my buisness is very vertical...80 percent of my sales are to medical practices, because they have the money right now. People are worring themselves sick I guess. Very few calls from mom and pop industries, none from car dealers, and none from my mortgage compaines. I have been here before right after 9/11. That lasted 18 months. The financial market collapse didn't cause this recession, it was the other way around. We had already been in a recession since 12/07 so if the trend repeats we should see that we are coming out by June or July of the latest of this year. If fuel prices stay below around 2 bucks a gallon and income starts to rise, which includes the stock market, then credit will loosen up, so will people's wallets and as a result more RV sales.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CB, once last observation. This will be a rough year for retail but it depends on what segment of that market you are looking at. Car sales..they are being hit hard right now, but they normally improve some during warm months as does most everything else. Clothing, fashions, the bulk of those sales will continue to shift from high end malls and boutiques to brand name outlets, and other discounters. Candy and other snack sales, liquor, fast food, and entertainment will ride a wave until the ecomony goes up. People in hard times are always looking for something to make them feel better, even if it is only temprorary. Right now Hormel can't make enough SPAM to meet the demand for their product.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Well, I own a large insurance firm and I'm seeing layoffs across the board from almost all of our insured groups. So I would say that MOST industry is being hit. I also own a art gallery/gift shop and I'm seeing sales down there also. As I said earlier, I hope you are right, but my gut feeling is otherwise, unless of course the new elected govt. can turn things around....dang, I just made a funny..
Old 01-07-2009, 07:20 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Right now Hormel can't make enough SPAM to meet the demand for their product. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh my gosh - a Spam shortage!! Now this is serious!!

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote