Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2016, 03:42 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
My leveler system works with the key in the "on" position. Same with the slides. Since it airs up with the engine on, it can't be running. All sorts of buzzing and beeping all going at the same time... So fricking annoying!

Btw, I ended up just pulling my slides in. I should have raised the jacks, aired up, pulled the slides in, dumped the air and then lower the jacks. Insane...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2016, 10:57 PM   #30

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Slides work with key on and not off? My slides work with key off. Interesting.
Philliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:04 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
always had Low battery on levelers if I didn't have engine running, so tried this:
genny on, key on (but not running), and slides worked !

I always thought it not so good an idea for the slides to work with key on, but this seems to show that the lockout is ONLY with the engine running, but key on is ok...
Old 11-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Does anybody bring slides in or out when parked. Sometimes we bring our big living room/bedroom slide in when it rains hard or we might bring the patio slide in so we can get more shade under the awning. Any harm in that?
Gary8346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
always had Low battery on levelers if I didn't have engine running, so tried this:
genny on, key on (but not running), and slides worked !

I always thought it not so good an idea for the slides to work with key on, but this seems to show that the lockout is ONLY with the engine running, but key on is ok...

I'll be darn. I never tried that. I know I have had the generator running, but never tried with key on. You learn something new every day. I will give that a try too. I do know that the slides are locked out if Diesel engine is running.

UPDATE: I tried it with key on and the slides were locked out too. It appears that Monaco changes their features from year to year and model to model????
Old 11-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary8346 View Post
Does anybody bring slides in or out when parked. Sometimes we bring our big living room/bedroom slide in when it rains hard or we might bring the patio slide in so we can get more shade under the awning. Any harm in that?

I have 3 slides with one being a 28 ft full wall. I was parked in Kansas with 60-70 MPH winds. Pulled all slides in before my toppers were destroyed.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:48 PM   #35

My Monaco manual says to have the air bags full, put slides out, then level. It makes sense if you think about it. If you level your coach prior to putting the slides out, your coach is no longer level once the slides are put out due to their weight and angle.
Monacofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:37 AM   #36

Monaco - Dump Air -> Level -> Slides out?

I can only level my coach using the hydraulic jacks, and I do not have a full slide on one side like some of you. If I leveled my coach using the jacks, I would doubt that by putting my slides out I would change the leveling of the coach if already on the jacks??? I think that Monaco wants the coach on all full air bags as built to minimize any twisting of the frame creating any binding points that would affect the sliding mechanism.

Tags
monaco, slide