RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #1

Monaco Dynasty

There's one a few spots down from me today, and it's a beautiful coach!

aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The Monaco Dynasty is one of the best coaches ever built. If it has a tag axle, it is built on the RR10S Roadmaster chassis with a Cummins ISL engine and side radiator. It has 10 airbags and 10 shocks and is built solid.
You can pick up a used 2002-2007 Dynasty very reasonable. You should also look at the Monaco Executive, Holiday Rambler Imperial, and Navigator. They are all close cousins.

vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #3

Yeah, it has a tag axle and looks brand new on the outside. The slide out paint is a nice touch as well. I'd love to get a look at the inside, but don't want to be a creeper.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:41 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
What vito said! Im reasonably biased though.

You can buy them newer, you can't buy them much better.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
The Monaco Dynasty is one of the best coaches ever built. If it has a tag axle, it is built on the RR10S Roadmaster chassis with a Cummins ISL engine and side radiator. It has 10 airbags and 10 shocks and is built solid.
You can pick up a used 2002-2007 Dynasty very reasonable. You should also look at the Monaco Executive, Holiday Rambler Imperial, and Navigator. They are all close cousins.
X2 What Vito and Coma said. But I'm biased.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Educate me on one of the above - I see new Holiday Ramblers selling for fairly cheap - do they compare to the hold ones, or has the name been shuffled like many other brands? If so, when did they start going downhill?
Old 11-05-2017, 07:31 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
Educate me on one of the above - I see new Holiday Ramblers selling for fairly cheap - do they compare to the hold ones, or has the name been shuffled like many other brands? If so, when did they start going downhill?

Iíll give this a shot. I bought a used 07 Dynasty back in late November (my first DP). The quality and esthetics were mind blowing. I had a trusted friend who has been in the RV business for years said he would rather have this coach than anyone built after REV took over.

As you probably know, 2008 and beyond was a nightmare for the RV industry and of course many others. A lot of MH manufacturers were building fantastic high quality coaches, so their profit margins wasnít that great, but made it up on volume. This gave them a quick decision, reduce quality to match the market to stay profitable, or keep going and hope to gain market share.

Assuming the later, the best coach companies went under. Those best were bought up by large corps and are running them today. They are lower quality than the old ones so the stock holders can make a buck too. Donít get me wrong, todayís Dynasty is not junk, it just doesnít have the quality as the pre 2008.

I will defer to those more knowledgeable than me.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:12 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Motorhome manufacturers operate he same as car companies. Ford Mustang was wildly popular and fairly well built in the 60s. The hard times of the early 70s made manufacturers cheapen up their best sellers. Case in point...Badass Mustangs became Pinto based Mustangs. Sales fell flat and not just because of the economy. It is a fatal mistake that many manufacturers make. All the needed to do was raise the price and keep making Badass Mustangs. So yes...HR is using the past name recognition to sell their new Pinto/Navigators.

Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, monaco dynasty